The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I like that the Samar Navabi character is being set up as the "dark" Liz, having the wherewithal to actually perform some of the not-so-policitically-correct actions that the U.S. agents can't/won't do.

2. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Few choices on TV? I suffer from the exact opposite - I don't have time to watch all the things I want to see and it's not because I'm terribly busy. It's because of the multitude of great choices. I'm referring to cable here and not just network though.

3. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Choices of NETWORK shows are pretty grim, but there is a multitude of great programming available from cable, Netflix, etc. If all I had to choose from was the networks I'd hardly ever watch TV.

chacha likes this.
  4. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Right now my late evening TV viewing includes said Blacklist, Homeland, Network News (starting Sun and giving me six whole weeks), and Breaking Bad (Netflix-up to season 3). I am also in the midst of both The Roosevelts and Olive Ketterlidge (HBO Mini sereies). We just cannot seem to find anything else to keep us entertained.

If anyone has a suggestion please chime in.

And back to The Blacklist...we watch but it just ain't that good.

5. buckeye1010

buckeye1010 Zephead Buckeye

Nobody mentioned Red shopping in a vinyl record store!! No surprise to me that he's a vinyl man. Just about every series these days has a turntable show up, but a record store - love it!

groundharp and winojunko76 like this.
  6. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

I'll have to rewind that as I caught the tail end of that scene. Yup - vinyl is hip. Now if Han or Chewie are spinning records in Episode VII.....

7. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

+1

8. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Not as hip as wax cylinders. :rolleyes:

buckeye1010 likes this.
  9. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

I liked that bit too!

10. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Still a pretty dreadful episode again though. I'm really struggling with this season and I consider myself quite patient.

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Has anyone identified the RCA Living Stereo LP that was on prominent display at the front of the milk crate?

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

This week's episode was 100x better than the last couple... Didn't see that last reveal in the last scene coming...

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, this week's episode was more interesting than the high points of the last four combined. Though I was sad to see some of our tangential friends go.

As for the big reveal in the last scene...Trying to figure out if that even makes sense if you look back at all the episodes, or if this is a last minute contrivance the writers came up with...

14. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I haven't watched any this season, but I know that 99% of these shows contain "last minute contrivance the writers came up with.."

In some cases it keeps the show surprising, or fun. It most cases it just frustrates :)

15. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Very good episode last night. Rather strange, no sense ending.

16. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

"For what it's worth, I spent four months on that ship ... and never told her about us talking to Red.

What us?

17. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Based on that last scene (WTF???), the writers are definitely toying with the viewers. Up is down, down is up. It's all too easy for them to do.

I stay in for Spader's gems, but do not get invested in the storylines, as they likely have no over-arching plan in mind at the outset.

18. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Well, he's evil, so of course he's into vinyl. :yikes:

19. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Someone praises vinyl, someone else makes a wax cylinder comment, it's all so predictable.

20. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I thought he said to Red "I never told her about 'us'". I assumed Tom was referring to his connection/relationship with Red. They were somehow working together?

21. shokhead

That's what I mean. What connection between them? Father/son?

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Interesting. So Tom is Red's son and Lizzy is his daughter. I am awaiting the introduction of the character Honey Boo Boo at any moment.

23. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

As Chico would say "then you got something"

Atmospheric likes this.
  24. shokhead

:laugh:

25. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I knew you were going to say that. :D

dkmonroe likes this.