The Box Tops Singles on CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ed Osborne, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Osborne

Ed Osborne Senior Member Thread Starter

goldwax and jwoverho like this.
  2. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Thanks! You're right, it's pretty well hidden and no way to know the treasures contained within. Wonder if there are another gems hidden in this series?

3. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Thanks for the heads up!

4. I Love Music

I Love Music Forum Resident

Many of the Box Tops mono single mixes are available on the Sundazed CDs of the individual albums and here and there on an assortment of other CDs but it is nice to have them collected on one CD. Thanks for passing this information along!

The Sony Playlist CDs occasionally have some nice surprises . . . for instance, the Eddie Money Playlist CD has the single version of Two Tickets to Paradise.

5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Thanks, I'm ordering one. May not keep the old best of I have.

6. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

I'm very interested in the sonical aspects of this mono compilation and who had remastered this. Someone?

7. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up! I generally avoid these because of the awful packaging, but I will definitely pick this one up.

8. nowhere-man-in-e

nowhere-man-in-e Senior Member

This one has a 12-page booklet with Billboard Hot 100 chart information for each song. The CD was mastered by Vic Anesini at Battery Studios, New York.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

So that Eddie Money Playlist CD has the version of Two Tickets with that little synth riff that come on after "Waited so long" (riff)?

ARK likes this.
  10. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

deepdiscount -
    Total $9.98

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

12. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

Dang it!
    :realmad:
    thanks for the link. now I have another place to shop in the future.

13. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

I was specifically referring to the awful cover art on these discs as well as the fact that seem to be trayless digipacks - ugh!

The fact that it comes with annotation makes up for that in my book, plus anything with "mastered by Vic Anesini" is pretty much a buy on sight for me.

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Some of them are no-annotation digipacks. Others are standard jewel cases with annotation. Hit and miss. Some feature obvious track listings. Others are pretty cool. Again, hit and miss. It's a pretty odd series, really.

ARK and vivatones like this.
  15. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

So,are all the tracks on this CD mono or just the singles tracks...I notice some album tracks that are on the Sundazed CD's in stereo,so it would be another
    bonus to have them in mono..... "People Gonna Talk" from the NonStop album. "Together" & "I Shall Be Released" from Dimensions
    and "Turn On A Dream" the stereo bonus track on The Letter" CD...that would be 4 extra mono tracks if that's the case.
    Either way it's a single CD with those mono 45 versions...

JF

16. nowhere-man-in-e

All tracks are in mono. All tracks were on singles. Some tracks were B-sides.

17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Plus Fields Of Clover, from the Cry Like A Baby album, making it a total of 5 not in Mono on the Sundazed CDs.

This kind of verification is very helpful, AND appreciated. I afterward checked Wiki, and satisfied myself, that with all this, PLUS Vic Anesini's touch, makes this a nice addition to the 4 Sundazed CDs. Thanks !

This is the equivalent of putting a hot girl in baggy, soiled sweats. Who knew ? :laugh:

18. nowhere-man-in-e

19. nowhere-man-in-e

20. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

This is great,thanks for going the extra mile and posting those pages from the booklet!!!!!
    Gonna pick this up for sure!!!!!!

JF

21. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

Thanks for the info!

Someone needs to tell MYKE about this.

22. ottoman79

ottoman79 Forum Resident

This is interesting, I'll have to do a little investigation, thanks for the heads up!

23. ottoman79

ottoman79 Forum Resident

Mr. JF nailed this assesment on the head! I just checked for myself. . . this Cd seems to be essential in and of the fact that it has four tracks in mono which only appear in stereo outside of the original 45's, that AND the fact that Vic Anesini mastered this. I am going to purchase this immediately!

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

So...are these songs all tape sourced? I'm amazed that the mono tapes for all this material are still available, if that's the case. Bell was not exactly a shining light in terms of vault maintenance....

25. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Five. Fields Of Clover from Cry Like A Baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.