The Breeders new album “All Nerve”

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chahooa, Mar 4, 2018.

1. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Assuming they are on 4AD? It's odd that there are links to pre-order them but no word from 4AD themselves.

2. neruda

neruda Forum Resident

They have 4AD logos in the outer sleeve, so I would assume that's who pressed them.

BeardedSteven likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

nice update, thank you!

neruda likes this.
  4. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

someone on discogs recently added the 2018 title tk LP …. same catalog number ….. i was assuming these would be official represses …. which i assume would be using the same stampers ?

but that's just me thinking out loud ……

anyone understand the repress vs reissue thing regarding catalog numbers, stampers ? i really wonder if they'd actually remaster them and cut new lacquers etc …..

i certainly do not like the idea of their ALL WAVE productions being ….. reissued using hi-rez files …..

----------

found this on discogs, for the TITLE TK LPs

2002 dead wax and barcode
    • Barcode: 6 52637 22051 3
    • Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, hand-etched): LYLAS DFI 02-1 CAD 2205 A1
    • Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, hand-etched): EAST LOS DFI02-1 CAD 2205 B1

2018 dead wax and barcode
    • Barcode: 652637220513
    • Matrix / Runout (Side A, stamped): CAD2205 167208E1/A
    • Matrix / Runout (Side B, stamped): CAD2205 167208E2/A

---------

as for getting these online or in stores later in the year, i mentioned earlier in the thread that the matador store replied to my email to 4AD … CCing the shopusa@4AD store …. confirming just that. that they will be available. what was in question for me, due to the way i had written this email, was whether or not POD would be part of this as well. SO i'm really glad you could confirm this, and that LAST SPLASH is also part of all this !!

great news thanks !

oh yeah weird thing i did not mention was that the 4AD uk site, said there were "no plans for these reissues yet". it was only when i sent another email to the shopUSA@4AD did i get more info ….

neruda likes this.
  5. neruda

neruda Forum Resident

I listened to Last Splash in its entirety earlier tonight, and it sounds fantastic all the way through. I doubt they're remasters — the outer and inner sleeves do not mention a new master whatsoever. I'd hazard a guess that they're all-analog, judging by the sound, but making calls about such matters is always precarious.

I'll mention that the records came shrink-wrapped, with no hype sticker. I'd guess once they're available in stores, they'll probably have the hype sticker with (hopefully) more info.

But I'm ecstatic at finally having great-sounding vinyl of these albums. And I'm seeing them play again tomorrow!

mpayan, jimhb and polchik like this.
  6. andycherry

andycherry Forum Resident

yes!

Spaceboy likes this.
  7. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Ah, Edinburgh sold out

8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

picked up pod, last splash and TK at the show last night. listening to LS now and can confirm that the matrix info is new/different from previous cuts. it was pressed in europe. sounds way better than my old Plain pressing.

mpayan, neruda and andycherry like this.
  9. andycherry

andycherry Forum Resident

how is the packaging? i guess there’s no way to compare with the originals?

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

the packaging is basic with a printed heavy inner sleeve and a download voucher. it says "made in EU" and the runout information confirms.

The Revealer and andycherry like this.
  11. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

hey y'all

breeders at NPR ... tiny desk concert !

SET LIST
    "MetaGoth"
    "All Nerve"
    "Off You"

SOOO Gooooood !!

12. The Revealer

The Revealer Forum Status: Paused Indefinitely

The Chicago show at the Vic last night totally satisfied. Great set list: The Breeders Setlist at Vic Theatre, Chicago

I thought they sounded best on the newer songs which is always a good sign for a band, IMO. Certainly, it was great to hear so much Last Splash material. The band bantered between themselves and with the audience plenty. They were loose and very appreciative of the crowd's enthusiasm. Terrific night!

I passed by Kim before the show. She was walking back from someplace with carry-out bags and her head down just around the block from the theater. I said something dumb about enjoying her dinner and she responded with a laugh. She clearly didn't want to be stopped and I respected that. Just weird to see her coming at me on the street!

I picked up Pod before the encore as LS was sold out! I also bought a shirt since my idea was to give the band my money directly. I'll get the other album when it hits the stores this month. Mostly, I'm hopeful that this band has just started a new round of creativity and will tour again before the decade is out!

13. GK

GK Forum Resident

Love All Nerve. Grabbed a few tickets for their Pittsburgh show August 8.

14. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Josephine has a solo record coming out soonish.

Hep Alien and chahooa like this.
  15. GK

GK Forum Resident

Their show in Pittsburgh a couple of nights ago was so good. Opened to our delight with Saints and it just got better from there. The new songs sounded great. Picked up a copy of All Nerve signed by the band...

16. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident

Really surprised this album didn't feature on many end of year lists, listening to it again now and it's still excellent one year on!

17. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Wanted to like this but it's dire.. They should hang it up and stop ruining the legacy.

18. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Could you be more detailed? It was album of the year for me, easily.

ConnieGuitar and GentleSenator like this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

uh yeah, i don't get that sentiment either. it's on-par with anything they've done. lots of great hooks and fun tunes. i really, really enjoy it.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  20. strifeknot

strifeknot Senior Member

My favorite album of 2018. Not on the level of Pod and Title TK, but still an engaging, inspired piece of work.

21. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident

In my top 5 albums of last year,a fantastic return.

Pop_Zeus likes this.
  22. Warszawa

Warszawa Forum Resident

Methinks DTK is a bit fed up of people talking about Kim in the "Beneath the Eyrie" thread. ;)

FWIW I think All Nerve is a far better album than any of the new Pixies ones, not that it's a competition.

Hep Alien, GK, Brian Hoffman and 3 others like this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

no question.

GungaLagunga, steviej and neruda like this.
  24. bracket

bracket Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Listening today for the first time in a while. Very satisfying return.

25. GungaLagunga

GungaLagunga c̶r̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ lunch time

Cleaned this up and popped it in. Bought it at at the last show here in town. Holding up pretty well, I’d say. Think it’s a Pallas pressing. It somehow sounds both like a traditional Breeders album, but also exciting and new.