The Cardigans Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by anthontherun, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Anyone heard anything on the vinyl reissues that were supposed to come out this year?

2. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Anyone have the transcript from Life: The True Story - it was up somewhere years ago?

Great film:

3. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Love this song:

4. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

Exactly what I was hoping for.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  5. gss

gss Forum Resident

Enjoying FBOTM tonight, just picked up the CD for 75 cents this morning!

I had it during the early 2000s and loved it then. Sold it, bought today and love it now. Excellent songwriting, unique lyrics, Nina has a great voice, bizarre (in a good way) arrangements, great production and mix. Mastering on this cd is a bit on the bright side (CRC edition).

A well done remastered vinyl release would be very welcome. The originals are currently sky-high.

Will be tuning in to their other albums soon. Great band.

Pop Life likes this.
  6. beasandpeans

beasandpeans Forum Resident

Are the Cardigans still together?

7. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Isn't it about time they released "Deluxe" editions of the albums?

jamesc, Embracetheday and liv3evil like this.
  8. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Just posted on their Facebook page:

Hi folks! Some of you write us for info about the highly anticipated vinyl reissues. All we know at the moment is this: All songs we´ve ever recorded ( we hope) will be out on vinyl and they have all been remastered in NYC right before Xmas. Universal hasn´t provided us with a release date just yet. But eventually all albums will be out on vinyl, something we´ve wanted for quite some time now. Best wishes- The band

9. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Loved this posting from Facebook today:

Very very honoured to be selected into the Swedish music Hall of fame. And first time the five of us meet in ten years, which is ****ing strange in itself. Hugs from the band

[​IMG]

10. Jaffboy151

Jaffboy151 Well-Known Member

Great news on the vinyl reissues, £300+ for Gran Turismo on vinyl is a little steep for my liking!

Preston and pghmusiclover like this.
  11. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Wish we'd actually get a date for their release. It seems like they've been talking about this for a couple years now...

12. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Great news: thanks for posting!

13. Group of One

Group of One Forum Resident

Big fan of "Long Gone..."

Nina has a fantastic voice and "I could (can?) buy you" is about as a good a pop melody as you could wish to hear.

Never delved too deep but might have to revisit.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  14. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

The Cardigans haven't made a bad album.

15. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

I have "Life", "First Band on the Moon" and "Gran Turismo". It's been a while since I heard them. "Lovefool" is so catchy. It's the one song I associate with them immediately. They moved more away from the twee pop 60s inlfuences with "Gran Turismo" and I lost them after that one. Not sure what they have done since. Think I'm gonna place a Cardigans album in playlist for the evening. I'll start with "Life"... :waiting:

Oi, I realize I also have "Emmerdale". I'm gonna play "Life" anyhow...

16. That's true, but I find Long Gone Before Daylight boring. Not bad, just blah. Super Extra Gravity doesn't hold much of my interest, either.

jedilips00 likes this.
  17. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I did not like this album initially. But it definitely grew on me to the point where it's one of my favorite Cardigans albums now. Weird how that happens.

As for the vinyl remasters....I guess I better start saving my pennies.

e.s. likes this.
  18. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

You see, that's where we're different. I think Long Gone Before Daylight is the best thing they've done.

DiBosco likes this.
  19. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

I am pretty happy for all you vinyl fans that these are coming, but it would be nice for Universal to accommodate us CD buyers by re-releasing the albums as deluxe editions with bonus discs of all the b-sides and remixes. It would also be a good opportunity to standardize LIFE worldwide and use the original Swedish tracklist.

jamesc likes this.
  20. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Forum Resident

I'm hoping for HiRes downloads. £300 for the Long Gone SACD is just ridiculous!

21. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

Fan since the beginning here, so my view may be biased, but compared to what came before it, I found LGBD really boring as well. Too adult contemporary. One or two good songs, but a snooze outside of that. I thought Super Extra Gravity was a nice rebound for them.

22. marc with a c

If you dig far enough into the comments on the FB announcement, it looks like you're getting your wish about Life!

23. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Well, I can't find the comment. Are they referring to CDs or LPs? Because my wish was for CDs, specifically deluxe editions.

P.S. I already have a Swedish CD of LIFE, what I'd like are all the b-sides and other non-LP tracks.

Hep Alien likes this.
  24. marc with a c

Oh, I think they were referring to LP. I haven't seen anything about CD versions. I'd probably buy those too. Pretty insatiable for this band.

DetroitDoomsayer likes this.
  25. liv3evil

liv3evil Forum Resident

Sans what's on the 2CD "Best Of" compilation, I don't think there are that many b-sides/non-LP tracks left? Sans maybe some remixes, all of which I've heard to date are non-essential IMO.

P'haps if there are demos lying 'round, they would be keen. But I think their catalog has been thoroughly mined by either "The Other Side of the Moon" or the 2CD "Best Of" comp.

marc with a c and Hep Alien like this.