The Changeling (1980) UK Blu-Ray Release

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by shanebrown, Aug 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanebrown

shanebrown Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone else picked up the new blu ray release of the classic ghost story starring George C Scott? The package looks great, and comes with a booklet, a poster, and even a soundtrack CD. So far, so good. Until you play the blu-ray. The DVD release always had a fair amount of grain on show, but the blu ray just accentuates it. Some of the outdoor scenes are like looking through a snow storm. Much of the film looks a complete mess, which is such a shame because obviously great care has gone into the packaging by Second Sight. In fact, I compared it to the DVD tonight, and the DVD actually looks better for much of the time. Not good.

2. Halloween_Jack

Halloween_Jack Senior Member

Disagree completely. It looks exactly like it should, considering the film stock used and the fact it wasn’t a huge mega-budgeted blockbuster production. I saw it this weekend too and was delighted with it. It looks just like a projected 35mm print, rather than some digitally scrubbed reproduction. My favourite release of the year in fact. As an aside the first few minutes of the film have always looked a little rougher than the rest due to the superimposed titles.

PhantomStranger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.