The Child's Play / Chucky movies

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Am i the only one who loves the Child's Play movies with Chucky? Brad Dourif is an absolute riot as the voice of Chucky.

Child's Play- A great horror movie with a nice mix of suspense and a dash of humor.

Child's Play 2- A solid followup with more humor.

Child's Play 3- Not that great, but some funny moments and creative deaths

Bride Of Chucky- Very funny and some nice, gory deaths. A rockin' soundtrack, too!

Seed Of Chucky- An average follow-up.

Curse Of Chucky- I haven't seen it but it's gotten some good reviews.

And there's supposed to be a seventh movie coming out next year which will be a direct follow-up to Curse Of Chucky.

2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I enjoyed the last three (Bride, Seed, Curse) the most. Jennifer Tilly is perfect for the role. Bride is great, Seed less so (but still fun), and Curse was really surprisingly good, with a great coda scene.

3. PaulKTF

That Coda made me smile- I love that they did it (I've seen that scene but not the whole movie). :)

MikaelaArsenault and agentalbert like this.
  4. The first one is still pretty good, I've seen the first three many times of the years. I think I've probably viewed Bride, Seed, and Curse twice each. I thought it was pretty cool having Brad Dourif's daughter in Curse of Chucky.

5. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I loved Child's Play 2-more of a horror comedy with some pretty scary scenes throughout! I watched Seed of Chucky in the theater-it was hilarious and was well directed.

6. PaulKTF

Don Mancini (creator/writer of the Child's Play series) admitted that when it came time to do Child's Play 3 he had run out of ideas because he had to start doing it so soon after Child's Play 2.

Dude111 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  7. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

I like the first one a lot. I'm pretty sure I saw Child's Play 2 but that may have been it.

I do recall laughing at the "Get a load of Chucky" tagline on one of the posters -- Seed of Chucky probably.

Dude111 likes this.
  8. PaulKTF

Yes, that was definitely Seed's tagline. :)

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  9. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

My wife HATES Chucky movies. I generally find them hysterical. (As an aside, I think Freddy movies are hysterical, too.) Nevertheless, they are banned in this household. :sigh:

10. PaulKTF

Robert Englund is an absolute laugh riot in the NOES series! I especially think he's funny in parts 3 and 4. :)

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

enjoyed them all...picked up the "Chucky" DVD set for a buck...recently got the first film on BR...

12. PaulKTF

That Special Edition Blu-Ray/DVD of the first movie has some really geat special features. :)

13. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

I love the first one. I saw it in the cinema when I was 12! I laughed so much even then but the first one is very well directed and Catherine Hicks and Chris Sarandon are terrific and, of course, Brad Dourif is perfect. The little boy who played Andy was also perfectly cast.

MikaelaArsenault and Dude111 like this.
  14. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Just because your wife doesn't like them? That ain't right.

56GoldTop likes this.
  15. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I like the first one......

16. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I have seen them all. Every one of them seem more like comedies then anything else.

The guy who does the voice of Chucky is one of my favorite actors. Though his role was small, he was most memorable to me in The Exorcist part 3. He also was a pretty entertaining villain in Death Machine.

17. PaulKTF

"Chucky said that Aunt Maggie was a real (jerk) and got what she deserved...".

I like how Alex Vincent (who played Andy) read his lines and acted like a real kid, and not an actor (probably because this was his first acting role).

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  18. PaulKTF

I just watched Child's Play for the first time in a long time a few days ago and I still love this movie. I think the puppetry effects are great.

The Cinema Sins episode on the movie is pretty funny. :)

19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I like them. The first one is a classic!

Dude111 likes this.
  20. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

21. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

He's currently a judge for Halloween Wars on the Food Network which ends on Halloween night.

22. Pastafarian

23. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

24. Pastafarian

Same here, forgot that one though, they brought back memories of halcyon days, oh for Mary Whitehouse, a great loss to our nation.

25. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Yea I just saw it again also buddy the other day :) (I found a copy @ salvation army of it recorded from analog cable in the 80s (HBO I think))

I think the first one is the best! (And really the only one I care for)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.