The closest you sat to a performer at a concert?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerryb, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayce

Jayce Forum Resident

Front Row, first seat to the right of the right aisle -- Brian Wilson Presents Smile at Carnegie Hall. October, 2004. Awesome.

First row Elvis Costello, Meehan Sports Auditorium, Brown University (1987?). My friend got to spin the wheel (my date might be wrong. I think it was 1987).

My friends and I were invited onstage to sing backup with Squeeze on "Cool for Cats." Providence Performing Arts Center (1990?). High-pitched "Cool for Cats!"

2. DannyC

DannyC Forum Resident

On the barrier in front of Geddy. Wife Singing/Dancing/Bouncing so much he threw a t shirt at her with a perfect aim. All the while being kept hydrated by the camera crews who kept sharing water (nice guys)

[​IMG]

3. 3ringcircus

3ringcircus Forum Resident

Well, I "stood" approximately 10 feet away from Jimi Hendrix. Unfortunately, it only lasted for a couple songs, until those of us who rushed the stage were told to return to our seats. Also saw Buffalo Springfield & Jefferson Airplane (during their prime) by standing directly in front of the stage. As a big fan of those artists, those are some of my most cherished concert moments.

4. bodine

bodine Senior Member

In small club, at end of stage too many times to count--to name a few, Howlin' Wolf, Dizzy Gillespie, Randy Newman, Jerry Butler, Bonnie Raitt, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Jackie McLean, Charles Lloyd, Levon Helm, bla bla bla

In big concerts, first row in suburban Chicago college gym to hear Bob Dylan at start of his Time Out of Mind tour in 1998; 2nd row to see Dylan at Fox Theater in NY in 1990, when he came out wearing a top hat; 2nd row of Carter Barron Amptheater to see Springsteen play on Born To Run tour in 1975; 10th row to see Rolling Stones at Spectrum in 1972

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.