DCC Archive The Complete Hank Williams

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

This was just released on Mercury (a Polygram Co.) cat.: 314 536 077 2.

The boxed set contains 10 CDs, 225 recordings of which 53 are unreleased, a thick book and post cards. It has a flip top - looks very nice.

Of course it's remastered. Done by Joseph M. Palmaccio at Sterling Sound.

I have a Deep Purple CD - Live (forgot the actual title) that was Killed by no-noise. I can't get by the first track - hurts too much, in my ears (and heart!) - incredibly disappointing. This was also done at Sterling Sound.

Any idea how this Hank Willians box sounds? But I don't think I have much of a choice - 53 unreleased tracks!?! Wow!

By the way, eleven Marshall Tucker albums are being reissued on CD in November. No mention if they are remastered. From EMI.

..... and five albums from ALvin Lee, too - remastered. Not sure by who or where. Also on EMI.

2. jligon

jligon Forum Resident

It sounds like the Complete Hank Williams that I used to have but it's been out for a few years now. I ended up selling mine and keeping the 8 CD Polygram "box" that came out in the early 90s. I like the way the CDs are layed out on the earlier set. The current 10 CD box set contains all studio stuff on the first 3 or 4 CDs, all undubbed demos on another etc...
    Anyway, concerning the sound, I think they're identical to the earlier Polygram CDs which sound OK. I don't notice any obvious no-noise present.

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: jligon ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.