“The Conners” to premiere October 16th 2018 on ABC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

In all seriousness, I hope the Muslim couple from season 10 shows up in a few episodes. I liked them, especially the husband.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I dont think i would watch it even if it was on analogue cable!! (I like Rosanne herself)

ArpMoog likes this.
  3. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

The main difference is that Chico and the Man was a two-star show. Every plotline was built around either Chico or Ed, and the show was entirely about their relationship. By contrast, the Roseanne show frequently featured plotlines about other characters. In many of the episodes from this past season, Roseanne was more a supporting character than the star, in terms of how she figured in the plot. So her absence will not impact the show in the same manner than Prinze's impacted Chico and the Man.

4. Millions will tune in to see her killed off. How many will stick around for the long haul is up in the air.
    I'll give it another shot.

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  5. AKA

6. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

"I still can't believe what that Gorilla did to Mom. 'sob'"
    "It made a bee-line straight for her. They still can't say how it got free."
    "She's the one who suddenly wanted us all to go to the zoo too, 'sniffle'... what was up with that?"
    "I'll never forget her last words, cut off, "I thought that bi..." what could she have been trying to tell us?"
    "It probably wasn't too important. We'll just have to go on, it's 'choke'.... it's what she would've wanted."

BeatleJWOL and S. P. Honeybunch like this.
  7. AKA

‘The Conners’: New Photos From ABC’s ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff

‘The Conners’: New Photos From ABC’s ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff

by Erik Pedersen
    September 12, 2018 11:23am

[​IMG]

ABC has released some new photos from The Conners, its spinoff from the canceled Roseanne. The snaps — check them out below — feature original-series and revival regulars John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Michael Fishman and Lecy Goranson along with Jayden Rey, Ames McNamara and Emma Kenney, who play the Conners’ grandkids and were upped to regular roles for the spinoff.

The sitcom continues the Conner family saga without Roseanne Barr, who was fired from the successful Roseanne revival in the aftermath of her racist tweet about Valerie Jarrett, a former senior adviser to President Barack Obama.

The network hasn’t divulged much as far as plot for The Conners, but here is the official logline: After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before. This iconic family – Dan, Jackie, Darlene, Becky and D.J. – grapple with parenthood, dating, an unexpected pregnancy, financial pressures, aging and in-laws in working-class America. Through all the fights, the coupon cutting, the hand-me-downs and the breakdowns, the family prevails with love, humor and perseverance.

Here are the new pics from The Conners, which premieres at 8 PM Tuesday, October 16, on ABC:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    MikaelaArsenault and 905 like this.
  8. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Goodman looks like he's lost weight since last season.

goodiesguy, 905 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  9. AKA

The Conners

The little girl that DJ was reluctant to kiss is all grown up. Welcome to #TheConners Maya Lynne!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. AKA

Roseanne Reveals Her Conner Character Cause Of Death, Takes Stage In LA Tonight

“Oh yeah, they killed her,” Barr said on a YouTube show over the weekend “They have her die of an opioid overdose.” “I wanted to show [opioid struggle] in the show,” she said. “But I was never going to have Roseanne die of an opioid overdose. It’s so cynical and horrible. She should have died as a hero or not at all … It wasn’t enough to [fire me], they had to so cruelly insult the people who loved that family and that show.”

11. AKA

12. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

[​IMG]

David Campbell likes this.
  13. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Oh, shut up, Roseanne. You are lucky the show is continuing on in any form at all.

MikaelaArsenault and AKA like this.
  14. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

why is she lucky? she got a big pay day and was getting one even if the show never went on

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  15. poidog

poidog Senior Member

Is that picture of DJ from the set of The Conners or a Goodfellas reboot?

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  16. AKA

The Conners: Johnny Galecki Set to Return, Juliette Lewis Cast as [Spoiler]

The Conners: Johnny Galecki Set to Return, Juliette Lewis Cast as
    By Michael Ausiello / September 25 2018, 1:15 PM PDT

David’s back — and this time he’s bringing his “crayon” of a girlfriend with him. TVLine can confirm that Johnny Galecki will reprise his Roseanne role of David in ABC’s forthcoming spinoff The Conners. Additionally, Juliette Lewis has been tapped to play David’s never-before-seen girlfriend Blue, whom his ex, Darlene, dismissively referred to in last season’s Roseanne revival as “a crayon.” The Conners stint marks a reunion for onetime National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation siblings Galecki and Lewis.

The two-pronged casting news was leaked Tuesday by Lewis herself on social media (see below). The Oscar-nominated actress — next seen in HBO’s Jennifer Garner-fronted comedy Camping — also shared a photo of her and Galecki from set. They duo are set to appear in one episode.

As previously reported, the 10-episode Roseanne Barr-less offshoot will pick up following a “sudden turn of events” (i.e Roseanne Conner’s death) as “the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before.”

In addition to Gilbert, returning series regulars include John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Lecy Goranson, Michael Fishman, Emma Kenney, Ames McNamara and Jayden Rey. Maya Lynne Robinson, meanwhile, joins the cast as DJ’s wife Geena, replacing Xosha Roquemore. The switch was made for creative reasons.

The Conners is scheduled to make its ABC debut on Tuesday, Oct. 16, at 8/7c.

Juliette Lewis on Instagram: “HERE’S THE BIG NEWS!! Look what I’m doin!!! #LuckyMe #TheConners @theconnersabc #JulietteLewisisonTheConners #whoohoo #GreatWriting…”

17. AKA

905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. AKA

19. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I actually preferred 8 Simple Rules post John Ritter. I would have preferred he didn't die, of course.

20. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. AKA

Sara Gilbert, John Goodman & Laurie Metcalf Speak Out Together for First Time Since Roseanne Barr's Offensive Tweet

[​IMG]

Sara Gilbert, John Goodman & Laurie Metcalf Speak Out Together for First Time Since Roseanne Barr's Offensive Tweet

JULIE JORDAN
    October 03, 2018 08:00 AM

Sara Gilbert, John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf are still very much a family.

It’s been four months since the revival of their hit show Roseanne was canceled by ABC in May after their costar Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist comment about a former White House adviser. Now, the stars are opening up about the controversy and how they’re grateful the aftermath led to a spin-off series, The Conners.

“There was the feeling of not wanting it to go away until we were ready,” Goodman, 66, tells PEOPLE exclusively in this week’s cover story. “There was a debt owed to this fictional family. We want to finish telling this story.”

[​IMG]
    Eric McCandless/ABC

The actor recalls first hearing of the tweet “in my kitchen and maybe my daughter or my wife told me,” he says. “It just didn’t seem true. Then it got true. I was consciously trying to accept it.”

For Gilbert, 43, it was more about compartmentalizing the news. “I don’t remember too much,” she recalls. “It was more just, ‘Okay, what are we dealing with today?’ I was just kind of taking things one step at a time as they came.”

Metcalf, who was in New York City performing on Broadway, remembers finding out “on the news, actually,” she says. “And I [first] thought, ‘Oh, I wonder if we still have a show.’ Because of how heavy everything became.”

In the weeks following the cancellation, each of them struggled to find acceptance. Goodman held on to “the hope of resurrecting it,” he says. “It was so unbelievable to do this show and it was like easy come, easy go.”

Metcalf, 63, was just trying “to reconcile myself to the show being gone,” she adds. “And you know, coming off such a high, it was hard to wrap our heads around.”

When the idea of a spin-off was first broached, the cast was hesitant yet hopeful. “There was a lot of risk involved,” says Metcalf. “But we all decided as a group to take the risk, knowing that we could be judged by deciding to come back.”

While Barr will not appear in the spin-off she agreed to have no creative or financial ties to the show all three are now grateful to her for allowing the new series to proceed. “That was a very big deal,” says Goodman. “To give us a chance.”

Her character Roseanne reportedly will be killed off and the family will adjust and move on without her.

“Any sadness that we feel over what we’ve lost we’re hopefully channeling in an honest way into the show,” says Gilbert, who also serves as a producer. “And our show has always been able to deal with heavy topics, particularly for a sitcom. It’s been kind of built into the mix.”

[​IMG]
    Jeff Lipsky

Now, as the cast looks forward to the premiere of The Conners, they are anxious to continue the story of the beloved Lanford, Illinois, family.

“We’re leaning on each other when we do this show,” Goodman says. “And supporting each other that’s a very strong feeling among us. It’s different, but we can create something new from it. Let us finish the story on our own terms. Come along with us and see how we do.”

The Conners debuts Oct. 16 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

[​IMG]

905 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  22. lids3qy

lids3qy Forum Resident

I loved Brett Butler. There's one smart, funny, sexy lady! Too bad she lost her way. I hope she is doing well these days.

23. AKA

Last I heard, she’s been clean for several years and was just cast in the upcoming season of The Walking Dead.

24. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

How can any of them do this show W/O ROSANNE??

I thought they were her friends......... I wouldnt give this 2 seconds viewing time!! (Even if it was analogue)

25. Steve Carras

Steve Carras Golden Retriever

I've never actually been a Roseanne fan much though sort of admire the person..I am going to have to see, at least both versions 1980-s and current as I'd like to get into the show, espercially with it's Valerie Jarret stuff..but it's been cancelled now to the COnners...to bad I cna only take so much, but hey I'll watcher her. Just to give it shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.