The Cream Album by Album Thread (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent of Fortune

Agent of Fortune Däncing Barefoot

That's probably because it's (albeit debatably) a fairly 'plain' song, especially the intro. By comparison, there's maybe not quite as much uniqueness as, say, Bell Bottom Blues or Anyday.

"Weakest" is a very subjective and circumstantial term. But if I had to pick one song to take off the album, it would probably indeed be It's Too Late (with Have You Ever Loved a Woman? being my second choice).

Rose River Bear likes this.
  2. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

Yeah, I love "It's Too Late" but sometimes I think it's too simple musically :shrug:and personally I think "Have You Ever..." is amazing :)

3. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

I don't know, Bear.. maybe because it's not as popular as "Sunshine..." or "Crossroads" :shrug:

4. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

The vocals on It's Too Late are great. Bobby and Eric are amazing IMO.

5. Rose River Bear

As I alluded to in my review, Anyday is probably my favorite song from the album. For me, it eclipses Layla.

6. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

I agree :righton:

7. SGR

SGR Forum Resident

I love It's Too Late. It fits in well with the rest of the Layla album and the theme of longing/unrequited love.

8. rgutter

rgutter Forum Resident

Thanks. Not criticizing the source - and it's not an outrageous claim - but over the years I've read a lot of Stills on Clapton and vice versa, and never came across even a whisper of this. I feel I'm going to dig a little more..

Rose River Bear and Umbari like this.
  9. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

Graham Parker on Jack Bruce, Songs for a Tailor:
    http://thequietus.com/articles/18951-graham-parker-favourite-albums-interview?page=9

footlooseman and Rose River Bear like this.
  10. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

11. Nick Dunning

Nick Dunning Forum Resident

I'm sure I've heard more than a few times that it's Stills - and listening to it I'm pretty sure.

12. Rose River Bear

Thanks for the heads up. Looks great.

13. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

[QUOTE="jhm, post: 13417790, member: 43121"

P.S. The article states that Layla has been remastered...again![/QUOTE]

The Platinum SHM is good enough for me.

14. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

I have it as well and agree.

15. Matt123

Matt123 Forum Resident

Not sure if you've made you purchase yet but if you haven't go for a SG standard (should be able to snag one for around $1K, great value). The Epi dot is not that great and you'll really need to upgrade the pickups to a better PAF clone like Liny Fralin.

16. lenchik1

lenchik1 Forum Resident

Well, here is some 8mm footage with synced audio.

17. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Where on earth did that come from? And what happened to that anthology project??

I don't know if the official EC messageboard still exists. I used to be a member many years ago but wasn't going to pay to be able to post to other EC fans. I guess they might have some news but I've not seen any update for a while.

18. lenchik1

lenchik1 Forum Resident

What i have heard is that the Anthology Project is close to its final. And some portions of this (originally silent) 8mm film will be used.

19. Almost Simon

Good to hear, very interested in what footage they have.

20. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

What Anthology project ?

Eric Clapton ...??

Cream ??

please be more specific......thanks

21. Almost Simon

As posted above - "Really enjoying the Derek and the Dominos photos. I wish more live footage existed, but perhaps the Eric Clapton Anthology Project will turn up something."

There maybe a separate thread on that subject, its been around a few years, EC's people asking for any bootleg footage from throughout EC's career.

Matthew Tate and reb like this.
  22. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Thanks !

Eric Clapton Anthology Needs Your Photos, Film And More »

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

Hello RRB, do you know what kind of wah pedal Eric used on this Fillmore performances?

24. Rose River Bear

I am pretty sure he used a Vox V847A on the live Dominoes album. IIRC, I don't think he went to a Crybaby until much later. It sounds like a Vox to me. :)

25. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

I think you're right! I've got one of each - I never thought much about the sound difference, but the Vox has a bit of a "hollow" thing going on in the middle of its range, which is kind what I hear on the Fillmore album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.