"The Crossing" ABC time travel drama

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Lonson, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues Thread Starter

2. dude

dude Senior Member

Yes. You can always tell a major network series. Started out really lame, with the script especially. Did enough to make me watch again next week though, just based on the mystery element being pretty grand in scale.
    When previewing this show on the internet I found it interesting that some articles were taking the stance of it not being worth watching because it would either get cancelled before it resolves, or that the plot would just derail into nothingness like "Lost" did. They suggested waiting and binge streaming.

Madness likes this.
  3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

How many time travel shows are there going now? There's "Timeless". The comedy "Making History" was short lived and already cancelled. And doesn't the CW have a few time travel themed shows right now?

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yeah, read the same. Even if it doesn't get cancelled right away and if it keeps doing a bait-and-switch like Lost, I'm not interested. So I'm not watching unless I hear good things about it in weeks to come.

DLD likes this.
  5. Lonson

I love Hoffman where we believe everything is lousy without seeing or hearing it! I could have written one of these posts in advance. LOL

I thought it was pretty good. It's far more PKD than hard science and not at all like the repetitive adventure drama Timeless is. And it seems to me as if there is a mapped out trajectory about this show unlike what turned many (not me) off about LOST. I enjoyed the first episode, it's promising enough for me to keep watching. Some good veteran actors too such as Steve Zahn and Jay Karnes.

Mike from NYC likes this.
  6. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

I watched the first episode last evening, or at least abour 3/4 of it, and decided to watch it again net week. Unfortunately, my aged carcass was really tired, so I fell asleep during the commercial break at about the 45-minute mark, so missed the last 10 minutes or so. (DAMMIT!)

7. Charles Adams

Charles Adams Forum Resident

I enjoyed it too. I loved Steve Zahn in "That Thing You Do".

4_everyman likes this.
  8. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

time travel genre is the new dystopian future genre...or is dystopia...ehh half of one

9. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I will give few more weeks then I probably won't watch it anymore.
    too much if feeling this going to be like lost..
    I don't like any of characters so far..

10. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

It had an interesting start. Will watch a few more.

11. jtiner

jtiner Forum Resident

Personally, I'm digging El Ministerio Del Tiempo (Ministry of Time) on Netflix. Well worth watching if you're O.K. with subtitles or speak Spanish. The main characters are from different eras and work for the ministry as agents, protecting history when things go awry (which they always do).

12. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Not bad. For some reason I got a 'V' vibe whilst watching. Some dodgy acting.

13. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

Wow, you mean you actually watch network TV live, with the 1/3 of the hour taken up with commercials? Now that's time traveling! I haven't done that in 35 years.

14. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

Well, when you're an old guy who isn't up to your armpits in money to rent movies and other crap of that sort, you tend to watch network TV when absolutely necessary. And there's so little worth watching on either network or cable TV, or rentable as movies, this means you watch what little doesn't sound as though it will provoke projectile vomiting......

Gumboo and kanakaris like this.
  15. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

That's what DVRs are for.

shokhead likes this.
  16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

watched episode one, will continue watching...for now....if it starts going into 'lost" territory (random nothings that happen for no apparent reason) i will quickly bail.

daglesj likes this.
  17. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

As others have noted this reeks of a good idea that would sustain two seasons tops but will get dragged on and on and on...

"Oh there is another group...and another....and another..."

Plus they filmed a lot of it in one of my fave places in the world ever so go away!!!!!

18. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Getting more bored with this every week..
    Starting to predict how whole season will end.

19. Lonson

I'm still enjoying it. It certainly has limitations. . . it's on ABC after all. But it's entertaining and I like the setup. I lik ehow it shows the lengths a mother will go to for her daughter, and how family and other matters of the heart complicate everything else. . . .I'm having fun following it.

20. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Cancelled.

21. Lonson

Ah well. Possibly for the best. Poor Steve.

22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

quit after episode two - should have been cancelled - horribly written, horribly acted - and no forward direction whatsoever.

23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Man, this one totally slipped by me. Ratings were under a 1, which ain't good.

alexpop likes this.
  24. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Lost : reboot :)

Vidiot likes this.
  25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Doh, cut and pasted the wrong promo.

But Manifest actually looks interesting... and is another time-travel show. Sorta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.