"The Curse Of Oak Island" on The History Channel

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Jan 20, 2014.

1. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

If they were carved in a stone tablet, you probably wouldn't find that funny, then.

xdawg likes this.
  2. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

:rolleyes::laughup::rolleyes:

tomunbound and xdawg like this.
  3. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

I no longer drink, but last night's episode had me hollering "Crown Time!" I To start with if you want to prove that Oak Island hides something of actual value, you have to prove that these box drains actually exist, and lead to the money pit. We see them dredging the cove, but they keep wanting to dig closer to the artificial cofferdam. DIG TOWARD THE SHORE!
    The old dude that wants to horn in on the Lagina brother's action with his crazy tales of rooms full of gold under Little Mash Island is in need of help. When Rick Lagina is practically rolling his eyes at you, you have a credibility problem. Cause Rick seems to believe every dumb theory there is.

4. You know...Some day the doofuses on Finding Bigfoot will pop up their heads like whack a mole characters from the newest dig sight.
    Then we will be fully enlightened by the factual hyperbole to the delight of all watching.
    When the alarm bell rings I'll get the door. Until that time I'll be doing other things than watching any more of the never ending hopeful dig sight.

Chris from Chicago, xdawg and Borgia like this.
  5. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

Really interested in seeing next weeks episode. The previews are leading us to believe that the wood they pulled up carbon dated from the 1600s.
    If that's true, then that truly is a game changer. That would be proof that people built something underground on that island.

Borgia and xdawg like this.
  6. And repeat week after week till the end of days.

parman, Chris from Chicago and xdawg like this.
  7. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

Could it be that they finally find some gold next week? I'm not letting next week's previews get my hopes up. No matter what, I still enjoy the show. By now, even if they find a treasure, it would have to pretty extensive to offset the expenses - not even counting the past hunters' costs.

Damien DiAngelo likes this.
  8. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I wouldn't trust, even for a minute, the hairy fellow that owns the nearby island that insists there is an underground tunnel connecting their two islands. And for only 15% of the findings he'll share what he knows about the 15 tons of gold. It seems so...made for tv.

Damien DiAngelo and xdawg like this.
  9. Macman

Macman Senior Member

He sounded a little deranged to me. I suspect that's the last we'll see of him.

I also suspect the lumber they found will date from one of the earlier digs and not from hundreds of years ago. It's pretty obvious that something happened on Oak Island -- coconut fronds, etc. -- but it's seems unlikely that whatever might have been hidden there would still be there. And did I miss something? What happened to the wooden structure they unearthed inside the coffer dam? They made no mention of it this week.

xdawg likes this.
  10. xdawg

I guess they air the shows on a different day in Canada than in the U.S. Last night they gave the date ranges for different pieces of the wood. I don't want to spoil it for you by telling you now though.

Macman and Damien DiAngelo like this.
  11. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

No doubt they'll find Jimmy Hoffa down there...

xdawg likes this.
  12. Borgia

Well, they dug another borehole. I'm getting bored with these holes. They brought up some timber, interestingly enough some of it carbon dates to the 1670s. After that, sweet f#*k-all. Just mud. Marty got mad & threw his hardhat, almost tripping Oak Island researcher Charles Barkhouse. Afterward Rick & Marty went to the war room to have a heart to heart. Marty of course, being the saner of the two, is disgusted. Rick, ever the dreamer, just can't give up on his beloved Oak Island. He wants to sink everything they have into one more borehole & he has just the spot picked out. This time it's for real. Brotherly love wins out, tears are shed. The boys go down memory lane. That late 1970s/early 80s photo of Mom & Pop Lagina with the young Rick & Marty almost had me crying.
    NEXT WEEK. Two hour season finale! Crown Time! The teaser for next week hints that they come up with some Spanish coins. Shows the bros high-fiving, so it's gotta be good. All I know is, if they don't come up with something good, this is me next week....
    [​IMG]

13. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Thanks for that recap. I almost cried reading it.

xdawg likes this.
  14. Chris from Chicago

Nice write up, brother. I want SO bad for them to find something of value...real big value. But they won't. Probably.

Damien DiAngelo, xdawg and Borgia like this.
  15. Borgia

Some one posted this on Reddit...Marty looks like Rick just said - "When I retire, I want to find that treasure on Oak Island, but I am not sure how I will be able to pay for it".
    Notice Rick is wearing rose colored glasses!

[​IMG]

16. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

Looks like someone drew a goatee on Rick using MS Paint ...

17. Borgia

I poke fun, but I would like to see them find something.

18. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

If they haven't by now the chances are VERY remote that they ever will.

Borgia and xdawg like this.
  19. Borgia

One pet peeve of mine I've been meaning to mention. Every time someone walks up to the set, one of the sites, the drill rig, WHATEVER, the go through a round of handshaking. Jeez, you just saw the guy yesterday, now all the dudes got to line up & shake hands again like long lost cousins....

20. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

So I preordered Randall Sullivan's book "The Curse of Oak Island" after his appearance on the show. It was supposed to be released in June, I think. I say "was" because I just got a notification from amazon that the release date of the book has been pushed back to Jan 2, 2018.

"What's this? The release date of Randall's book has been pushed out 5 months? Could this be related to the season finale of the TV show, "The Curse of Oak Island"? Is it so that Randall can add a chapter about the Laginas finding gold hidden by the Spanish? Or pirate booty? Or the Arc of the Covenant?"

xdawg, Alfie Noakes, Borgia and 2 others like this.
  21. If they find what they are looking for it would mean the end of the show. So unless they plan to go off the air does anyone really think they'll have a massive discovery?

xdawg likes this.
  22. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

:laugh: When I read that, it automatically was in the narrator's voice in my head.

xdawg, Borgia, painted8 and 1 other person like this.
  23. Chris from Chicago

Me too

xdawg and painted8 like this.
  24. xdawg

Looks like we'll have to wait for Season 5 to see them find more wood and metal.

25. Chris from Chicago

Sigh. I'm such a sucker for this show. I'm actually leaning toward thinking they might find something of value now. I was SO ready to sign off and give up. But what they found yesterday...

Like I said. Sigh.

xdawg likes this.