The Detour - TBS Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, that sudden change in her character came out of left field and a real WTF development. It was just so over the top bad. And it's not like they started out the new season with her being like this - she appeared 'normal' in the first two eps and then in the third - bamo! In fact I sensed a bit of a red flag right at the start of ep3 as Robin (yeah, she's totally hot!) was reading the notes on her family and the last line read: "Delilah - really annoying (possibly on the spectrum)". I really hope they walk that back.

But aside from that, ep3 was hilarious. The best scene was the bedroom scene where they're desperately trying to make 'it' happen in double quick time with all kinds of interruptions and how the kids become traumatized by what they hear, including from the neighbors (the walls are paper thin) :)

2. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I liked the 2nd bedroom scene when Nate tried to fake an orgasm :laugh:

JimW likes this.
  3. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Me too- absolutely hilarious! Captain Kegel- runs a tight ship! LMAO. And the whole struggle with him trying to get out before he gets off. Great stuff.

The daughter was bugging the H out of me too- but I don't find it that much of a stretch that she changed like that. This family has been through much trauma and change. She's still being precocious: she's just using her talents to annoy her mother (typical at that age for girls and even more expected after what she's seen and been through) and get plenty of attention- albeit negative. C0ck-bock was hilarious as well- b-bock, bock, bock!

What mystified me was why the brother didn't even try to get her to leave the closet; at that age, I'd have gone heavily after anyone trying to spoil my 7 minutes in heaven.

4. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Did they change out the actress playing the "squatter" wife from the first ep?

5. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I think that was the "mother/mother in law" in the first episode.

6. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

“the Detour” is one of the funniest half hour comedies ever made IMHO. The cast are all teriffic, and I just love Samantha Bee’s cameos as Nate’s horror of a mom in the flashbacks (Hockey mom, season 2...YOWZA!). I have a few episodes of the second season left, will be sad when I’m done. Thank goodness for Hulu as I’m not a cable subscriber.

BTW fans of this show may also be interested in “You’re the Worst” and “Married” which are both available on Hulu as well.

rburly likes this.
  7. It is one of the funnier shows on TV today. TBS has actually been pumping out a number of decent comedies in the past year. Their comedy shows have been funnier than anything on the broadcast networks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.