The disappearance of DVD booklets/inserts

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guppy270, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I've always wondered why they never had a button type clip to attach to the top of the disc spindle so the disc couldn't fall off inside the case.

2. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I forgot about Arrow when making my earlier post. I have a few of their releases. The booklet that accompanies The Complete Dr. Phibes box set is a thing of beauty.

Another favourite booklet accompanies MoC's DVD of Peter Watkins's Edvard Munch. Through circumstance, I ended up with two copies of this booklet. My spare copy sits with my books, such is its quality and substance.

3. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Hadn't thought of that, but I can see that it could have been a factor. I'm often complaining about being unable to read the text or see artwork well on cd cases :)

Michael likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I do miss the days we had booklets with our favorite movies...remember the 8 page booklets that came with many of the MGM DVD releases?

5. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Didn't miss them. Never cared about the chapter list.

6. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

There's already a previous thread here about this - the HTF link in the first post mentions some of the shows that people have found to be affected (Brady Bunch, Andy Griffith Show, Have Gun Will Travel, etc.):

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/scanavo-double-disc-slimline-cases-affecting-dvds.135639/

7. Michael

8. Michael

yes, I don't miss them as much as the booklets.

9. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Nothing wrong with bringing an old thread back to life again, especially since the thread seems to have crapped out after only seven posts.

10. Michael

too expensive...

11. Michael

a fresh one is better...IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.