The Doors First Album - Wrong Speed!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John B, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Yeah, I do see your point.

Todd

2. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Senior Member

Todd- another one he could pen in the near future is "Now I'm 64" :)

3. sgraham

sgraham New Member

Will he slow down the vocal, to sound gutsier??

4. Todd Fredericks

:p

Or since it was a 40 year thing, he can do 'When I'm 104'...

Todd

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Steve, just how much do we have to increase the speed of the Doors first album to get where the recorded speed is?

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Also, since there seems to be two seperate discussions going on it this thread, I will say that I think "She's Leaving Home" works better in it's faster speed as presented on the mono Sgt Pepper.

7. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I want to get this right.....the *entire* first Doors LP master was slowed down and the the 'master' is a dub of the master with compression? Damn, I wish I would of never read that. Any idea why this was done and why Botnick denies it? At any length the DCC CD sounds damn good.

Chris

8. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

:confused: Let me get this straight: there have already been three remasterings of THE DOORS on CD to date, and now you guys want a fourth? Okay, but will they ever get it right? And how about the mono mix of the Lp? Nope, I feel a 2-CD deluxe package coming on, and that would include the single mixes from the first album, too(there would surely be room, even factoring in the new stereo mixes of "Break On Through" and "The End."
    Moi lives in hope,

ED:cool:

PS: Help us Mr. H!

9. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I'd love to hear the uncompressed, faster Doors album. Again, it won't replace the album that we know, but it can give us a closer look at what the master tape sounded like....before it got messed with.

Maybe something the Doors could do oon the Bright Midnight label? If Steve could do it, it would be an amazing collectors item, if released for a limited time....

10. Todd Fredericks

I agree. I think this should be released as a limited edition. I'm sure it would sell very well...

Todd

11. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue. Thread Starter

I'm hoping that Steve brought it up in the first place because he has the power to do it. :love: :cool: :goodie: :righton:

12. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Elektra and the Doors, all in a democracy. I think it should be pursued.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.