The Doors "Love Me Two Times" 45 RPM / CD edit question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Hi Mud,

While you have your internet calculator handy ... what about

$3.98 and $4.98 (the list price for Mono & Stereo LPs) ... say from 1965 to 2002 $

Thanks, Chip

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Chip,

$4 1965 = $22.72

$5 1965 = $28.40

CDs are cheap after all.....

Here's the link. I love doing this stuff when people complain about how expensive everything is. Not that some things aren't expensive.

http://www.aier.org/cgi-bin/colcalculator.cgi

Mud-

3. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Thanks Mud ... CDs are inexpensive by comparison, but what is really inexpensive are those mint $1 LPs that you can still find at garage and estate sales.

If you go back to 1958 ... the numbers increase to $24.76 and $30.95 respectively.

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Simple! I rip the track into the PC with any ripping program I then open it up in Cool Edit.

Make sure UNDO is enabled!

I play the song and concentrate on the first edit. I then highlight the general first area to be worked on and zoom in.

I play back the part again and hit F8 to place a marker it the first edit point. I don't have to be exact yet. Then I do the same for the end point.

This is VERY important, I right-click on the ruler and select SNAPPING (fine) and SNAP TO CUES.

Then I zoom way in on the first point and adjust the marker to the EXACT point where I want the cut made. I remove the old inexact marker I added to make live simpler. I do the same for the other cut point.

Then I zoom out just enough to see both edit markers. I then carefully draw a highlight from the first and second marker. Don't worry if it does not LOOK precise. As long as that Snap to cues and fine snapping is turned on it will be accurate.

After the portion to be cut out is highlighted I simply hit the delete button. I play back the pesults. If I like it, I move on to the next edit ito work on, if any. If I don't, I just undo it and try again. Just make sure UNDO is enabled! Even if it isn't, just go to the open menu and select "Revert To Saved". That little option has saved my can many times!

Anyway, if you do like the edit, but there is a slight lagging or doesn't sound transparent enough, zoom waaaay in on the newly edited area and cut out little bits until your edit sounds natural, like it was never edited! Of course, if you are trying to duplicate an old 45 edit that was not perfect, and you are trying to recreate that imperfaction, it will be harder. I tried to duplicate an EXACT edit on the single edit of "Closer To Home" and didn't have the paitence to get the synthesizer cutoff just right, so I made a better one. Eh, what the hell...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.