The Doors on Jay Leno tonight, 1/16

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary Mack, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Could it have been "Doorsmania"(not the real thing, but an incredible simulation)?

Seriously, not really a great performance. Even the music was too kinetic, with Stewart Copeland not a great stylistic choice for thumping the skins, IMO.

2. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

I'll avoid any Morrison related "French Doors" jokes...

3. sgraham

sgraham New Member

Pathetic.

4. Gary Mack

Gary Mack Active Member Thread Starter

But they played Sullivan years and years before they disowned the short single version of Fire and now they won't allow anyone to experience it as tens of millions did 30+ years ago. The single was THE version for the masses and it remains a completely different and, in some respects, a better one.

All I'm saying is that it is hypocritical to withhold that and many other unique hit song mixes for "artistic" reasons when it is obvious they had practiced and honed their edited hit single performance for commercial tv.

Jim Morrison probably would have said, "OK, we'll do Fire for three minutes," but then just played the full version instead; OR, he'd say, "We don't do that anymore because it sucks! How about Love Me Two Times or Unknown Soldier for those who are going to Iraq?"

GM

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Doors Door was closed with Jim's....departure. Please, enough already.
    They should just Lip-Sync. Quite sad for all.

6. The Doors are on Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn tonite (early Friday morning), 1.35 AM MST, 12.35 AM PST.

Let's hope it's better than that Tonight show fiasco from a couple of weeks ago.

7. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Although I agree that the Leno performance was a mess, you have to admin that Stewart Copland looked like he was having a ball!

Anyways, I have mu TiVo set to record Kilborn tonight. Here's hoping for the best :)

8. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I saw that performance also. Too bad John Densmore can no longer play live. Cause I really liked that VH-1 special from a year or so ago. Regardless, when they come to town I will see them as Robby Krieger ia all the motivation I need.

9. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

I think the Doors have come unhinged. I don't think these guys have a handle on the Doors. The Door jam is out of square. Someone needs to screen these Doors...

OK, I'll stop now. :sigh:

10. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

You know, Stewart Copeland may be the only guy to play with three bands in the space of one year(The Doors, Oysterhead, and the Police reunion forthcoming at the rock & roll hall of fame).

Those Doors puns were atrocious! AAaaaaggh!:laugh:

11. Got up this morning, rewound my video tape back 15 minutes, and watched Craig Kilborn do some bit with Jeff Goldblum. Then he interviewed Daisy Funetes. No sign of The Doors anywhere. Where they on first, or did my VCR stop before they peformed? :confused: I set the VCR to tape from about 20 minutes after the hour to the 35 minute point.

According to Sue Trowbridge last night's guests were supposed to be Daisy Fuentes and The Doors.

12. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

More Bad Door Puns

OK, I'll pick up where you left off...

Nonetheless, this post-Morrision ADooration is pretty amazing. Even without Jimbo, they've managed to re-emerge in the public eye through the back Door. By the way, there's a rumour that he's alive and well, and has struck a deal with ADoor Farms -- their milk cartons will feature the Lizard King's latest poetry.

Jim W.

13. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець

I watched it. They were on -- at the end right after Daisy. They did "Break On Through". Different drummer than Stewart this time around. I have no idea who he was but, personally, I thought he was a better fit style-wise.

Also, in a move I'm sure the purists were rolling their eyes in disbelief at, the Cult dude did the "dead cats, dead rats" part from "Absolutely Live"...lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.