The Doors' Robby Krieger Talks 50th Anniversary Plans, Re-Releases & Newly Unearthed Recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Oh, I don't. But I also don't trust The Doors organization to be truthful.

2. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Who is this "guy"? The taper, a female, says the 2nd reel is missing. So sometime before May, they found this lost reel? Yet the taper didn't know and they didn't include it in the Fog release?

3. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

I believe him in that I think he gets his info direct from Jampol, and doesn't make anything up. The problem is that back when Jampol posted on the Doors Forum, he was wrong I'd guess 75% of the time. Nothings changed.

4. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

I don't know if Pats was in a delirium state or his sourse was wrong. In any case, the 2nd reel IS NOT IN THE BANDS POSSESSION.

Six Bachelors likes this.
  5. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

My theory on Pat is that his cousin works at the gas station where Pablo Manzarek fills up his Prius.

ToneLa, milankey, superstar19 and 3 others like this.
  6. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

well, no 2nd Reel then as the liner notes says, but also the new Deluxe The Doors edition says that they recently found the real and original Matrix tapes

btw, Mr Pats do you have any info about if The Doors will be part of the next RSD?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

Definetively. A vinyl box set with Paris blues overdubbed with Pablo Manzarek kicking the ball on side A. Side B is a mono mix of Hitler Poem.

Six Bachelors and Kat Records like this.
  8. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

Since the Doors catalog has been issued in every format known to mankind (LP, cassette, reel to reel, 4 and 8 track cartridge,
    45 single, compact disc, Playtape, 180g virgin vinyl both 33 and 45 rpm, SACD, multi channel DVD-A, 94/24 hi-def downloads.........

[​IMG]
    even on minidisc.

The only formats that the Doors catalog were not on are DAT, Elcassette and DCC (digital compact cassette).
    To cover all ground, they need to issue either a best of, or a reissue campaign of all 6 albums on DAT, DCC and Elcassette.

Better yet, release 4 and 8-track stems of all six albums so you can mix and mash-up all the Doors music until you get a hernia from all that Dionysian ecstasy.

Hows about a release of the Dinner Key show from 3/1/69, I sent Paul Rothchild a DAT of it over 20 years ago when he was working on that "Jazz Goes To The Movies" project for Discovery. That show is rock folklore and is a fascinating and disturbing listen, much like the Doors version of Elvis' "Desert Storm."

9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Eagles Auditorium Seattle mid 1967. Audio from this venue/era circulate for Daily Flash, Steve Miller, Velvet Underground, Poco, Grateful Dead and Ten Years After.

The are complaining about value rather than price, as I have told you multiple times in this thread. I challenge you once again to name a major vault release with worse "value" than London Fog.

I'm sure every regular in this thread would pony up $500 bucks if we could get all the uncirculated tapes and outtakes from the Doors. I'll give another $200 if I can get a nice signed Densmore/Kreiger 8X10 if it went to further fund tape releasing.

When I did a post with several Pats Radio posts I read all his posts going back a couple months. I too noticed some weird posting similarities with a certain poster at the old Doors forum. Also explains the defensiveness over the JAM company, using phrases like "Rhino Handmade" in casual conversation and completely ignoring point blank questions.

Six Bachelors and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Don't forget the 12 inch single for RSD and the early 70's QUAD release.

78 in certain late 60's countries like India?
    Blu-ray Audio?

11. Buda

Buda Forum Resident

That's quite fulfilling to hear, if it's true. Various sources mention this July date (their first in Seattle) to be an earth-shattering experience from the moment they went on stage. Can you share more info about this? How it ended up being taped? Is this a complete soundboard recording? Do you know for sure if it exists, or you draw your conclusions by other other band's circulating audio recordings from the venue?

12. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

But if and when it happens, he will have told you so!

13. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

I've read Avalon Ballroom (complete show/s, not just the 3 songs we have) and Fillmore Auditorium (not the one the Doors own missing the drums) as well.

I know the tape owners have been mistreated/ignored by the Doors management, but I hope they will have mercy on fans and find a way to get those shows released. 1-1-2018 they can legally do so.

14. Buda

Buda Forum Resident

15. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Notice how the text is different? No references to the original mix being remastered for the first time in almost thirty years and a longer explanation re: the Matrix...which is still disingenous.

16. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

So they're combining the CDs and the LPs as a set? Looks like the CDs will be in pockets instead of cases or even sleeves. Jackasses.

Matthew Tate and rnranimal like this.
  17. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

If that's what it will really look like, the packaging is as dumb as the content choices. Who wants the LP inside a jacket with the artwork shrunk down?

tspit74 and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

We need a USB plug of a special DOORS design with all their songs.

19. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

The LP might be inside the front cover of the hardback book. ??

20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

"Packaged in a 12 x 12 hardcover book, THE DOORS: 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION includes a remastered version of the album’s original stereo mix, available on CD for the first time in a decade and remastered for the first time in nearly 30 years. The album’s original mono mix was also remastered for this set and is making its CD debut here. An LP-version of the mono mix is also included."

This can't be true, can it?

21. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

It isn't...

22. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Does anyone think this and the other Doors 50th anniversary thread should be merged? Same posters, same topics, same thoughts. Gorts, would you consider merging them?

The spiel has been edited, at least in the email I received from The Doors this morning. It's closer to being accurate.

supermd and VW_Paul like this.
  23. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

The last time I checked all the re-masters were on the shelves in HMV for the last couple of years.
    Are they not good enough?
    Everything Doors related has been flogged to death.

24. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm not a Door's fanatic like some here, but I have all the relative original LPs, some Elektra 45's, 40th Anniversary remixes, a smattering of box sets and GH albums and some unofficial recordings. What exactly is WRONG with this new 50th Anniversary edition of their debut album? Is the mono mix readily available on CD? How about the Matrix tapes from the alleged master? Of course, the stereo remaster is probably superfluous to most, but you know, EVERYONE knows, this is how archival sets are packaged. There's no way a major label would issue a 2 CD set featuring JUST the mono mix and the Matrix Tapes. A boutique label sure, but, not a major. I don't see anything wrong with an alternate cover either. This is NOT just a re-issue of the first album, but a new entity. If a 50th Anniversary set of Sgt. Pepper was forthcoming I would hope that the cover would be an alternate. Same with any Anniversary set that features additional material. Ron

25. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

Like The beatles Apple?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.