The Doors' Strange Days 50th Edition Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MrMojoRisin, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Kat Records

Kat Records Well-Known Member

is the same vinyl, is the same dead wax

2. Soundslave

Soundslave Active Member

I was talking about old RSD mono and CD2 from the Expanded edition. Though, I expected that after 50th anniversary s/t treatment they will do the same to Strange Days regarding using the same mono LP.

3. rnranimal

rnranimal Forum Resident

I wonder why they would use the older digital transfer for the debut mono and then do a new transfer for the mono Strange Days rather than use the one done for the RSD vinyl. Especially when the new one has the chewed up spots in WTMO that they even acknowledged in the liners. Why not use the previous transfer without those issues?

4. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

I would call it the mono 2017 remaster.

murch likes this.
  5. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Forum Resident

Okay, so now that we have the first two Doors albums in mono, plus all the mono mixes of the singles officially released, that's it for true mono mixes for the Doors, correct?

6. Edwin Hawley

Edwin Hawley Forum Resident

Wintertime Love on the mono LP is dedicated for some reason. It wouldn't surprise me if there are others in the vaults that never saw release back in the day.

7. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Forum Resident

Interesting. So on the Waiting for the Sun album, we have "Wintertime Love," "Hello, I Love You," "Love Street," "The Unknown Soldier," and "We Could Be So Good Together" all in in true mono. Anything else?

8. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

The LP has folds of "Unknown Soldier" and "We Could Be So Good Together", even though there were dedicated mono mixes made for the single.

9. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Forum Resident

What a travesty. The single mixes for those are the bees knees and amongst my favourites on the singles set.

10. Audioresearch

Audioresearch Active Member

Great album. Last year I buyed the DCC cd on eBay.
    I love That mastering

PhantomStranger likes this.