The Elvis Presley Album by Album thread, revisited

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ClausH, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Did a search for a Elvis Presley best album thread, or Elvis Presley favorite album thread, but nothing came up.

2. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

The How Great Thou Art FTD would also be covered wouldn't it, I think that was May/June '66?

3. Mark87

Mark87 Forum Resident

Big fan of Elvis, all periods really in different ways. I used to have the original US LP with the photobook attached, was lovely.. probably the best record I owned.

andrewskyDE and Rick H. like this.
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The Elvis At Sun compilation has some notable differences to the masters I heard on Sunrise and The Complete 50's Masters. 'Harbor Lights' and some other tracks don't have any reverb effects on Elvis At Sun.
    All original Sun tapes were dry recordings (sometimes including tape delay effects, but no actual reverbs), it was probably added by RCA after they bought the Sun tapes in 1956.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    JimmyCool and the sands like this.
  5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

My favorite Elvis album so far. Some rockers in there but also some melancholic/emotional tracks. 'First In Line' always gives me goosebumps.

NumberEight likes this.
  6. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

Yes most of the reverb heard on Sun tracks that most people are used to was due to RCA mucking up these pristine recordings.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  7. hayden10538

hayden10538 Well-Known Member

Just found this. It's been an interesting read so far, is it going to continue as it looks like ClausH has stopped adding new info a while back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.