The EVIL DEAD thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Laservampire, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

2. Michael

mine too...the Asian DC DVD of this is uncut and all elements match in quality just wonderful.:)

3. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing Thread Starter

Do you have the new Blu-ray yet Michael?

4. Michael

nope...just the Asian uncut DC with all matching PQ...does the BR have consistent PQ as well?...the US DC had horrible PQ in the inserted extra footage...

5. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing Thread Starter

I was referring to the Evil Dead II 25th Anniversary Blu-ray :wave:

The only good Blu-ray of Army Of Darkness is the UK one, which is a copy of the HD-DVD. It's only the theatrical cut though.

The US Blu-ray of AoD is DNR'd and looks awful.

6. Michael

OK, gotcha..I was referring to the R3 AOD ...why on earth would the US not get a perfect cut as this?

7. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

That's no excuse :D

Evil Dead was one of those films you HAD to watch in the 80's as a kid. The first time I saw it was at a sleepover at my cousin's house around 1985 I would have been 10. It was all about the horror back then not the comedy.

I watched them all again a year or so ago with my girlfriend, she found them hilarious. I wanted her to be scared of the first one. :mad:

Might have to pick up the Blu- rays.

8. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

At first I thought the idea of remaking Evil Dead was completely blasphemous.... but after seeing the new trailer, I'm starting to change my mind!

WARNING: this is the redband trailer, so there are some pretty graphic moments... not for the squeamish!

9. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

That part with the knife on the tongue made me shiver. I gotta see this even though I am not crazy about remakes.

10. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I can't wait for the remake. The original Holy Trinity of Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army Of Darkness are some of my all-time favorite films. The knife part in the trailer still makes me queasy too. I hear there is an eye scene that I am not looking forward to at all.

11. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

This looks much better than I had imagined, count me in.

12. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

Hopefully it will top the eye scene in The Beyond.....

images.jpeg

13. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I hope it's not too silly. I want a scary one. I loved Evil Dead, liked Evil Dead II, and hated Evil Dead III.

14. Why do they have to pick all these pretty boys to star in these films--they have no character to their faces--unlike, say, Bruce Campbell.

ferdinandhudson likes this.
  15. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I'm failing to see any humor in the trailer and that's an element I like about the original series.

progrocker71 likes this.
  16. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

Same. No interest in any intense slasher flick. I don't know what a "redband" trailer is, but I'm going to stay away from that for now.

I love these films and "Army of Darkness" is my favorite. ("Evil Dead 2" a close second.) I remember going to see it in this dingy theater on campus while in college, having no idea what I was going to, and ending up giving hi-fives all around multiple times. There were so many great lines.

Swallow this.

Thurenity likes this.
  17. Synthfreek

A redband trailer is just a trailer that includes swearing...gore...no edits to make it theater-friendly.

18. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

This was my first thought as well, but then I wondered if the original Evil Dead had much humour in it. Didn't it only get funny with pt.II? So far the trailer looks like a close adaptation of the original, only with better effects.

19. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

That's what I was thinking. The original film was intended to be a thrill ride... it did not have a lot of humor- that really started with II.

20. Synthfreek

My bad...I was being kray kray. Don't call the popo.

21. Rollie

Rollie Forum Resident

I'm in! This actually looks like it might be fun. From waching that trailer it looks like the producers wer not just out for a cash grab.
    A remake made with love? I can only hope.:evil:

22. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

While not a horror comedy like II & AOD, I thought the first one had some very dark humor moments. I always thought Ash played the straight man to the entity's highjinks and over the top gore.

23. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

The first was really scary when it came out. The other 2 were just cop outs. Instead of pushing things further they went for laughs.

moops likes this.
  24. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I'm much more of an Evil Dead II fan, I think that is one of the best and most well-balanced horror comedies of all-time. It's not easy making a truly great horror comedy, most fail by going too far in one direction or another and the two disparate elements end up canceling each other out...but Evil Dead II got the balance just right.

The remake of Evil Dead looks wild, but I'm not sure I'm the target audience for that any longer.

25. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

So, are there different versions of Evil Dead 2 with and without this scene?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.