The Fall

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by butch, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Where did you learn this? It's about "shirtails flappin in the wind."
    Not homophobic at all. But it's obvious. What does that have to do with an office party? :laugh:

I spoke too soon, but met him outside a gay bar, and he used some language that was not appropriate.
    And of course, he did use the n-word on The Classical.

2. erasmus

erasmus Forum Resident

Maybe here

3. erasmus

erasmus Forum Resident

In office culture in the UK - not that I've worked in a proper office - shirts are tucked in and an untucked shirt is frowned upon. The one time shirts would be untucked is after too much box wine at the office party when those crazy suited types try to feel a bit more relaxed.

4. serge

serge Forum Resident

so when was the last time The Fall toured the US?

5. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/prince-harry-called-up-to-join-the-fall-2015032396574

FOLLOWING his departure from the army, Prince Harry has been called up to play bass in The Fall.
    The 30-year-old will undergo an intensive training regime to bring him up to speed with the band’s new material, before undertaking two tours of the north-west this summer.
    The Prince said: “Being in The Fall is something most young British men have to go through at some point in their lives. Why should I be any different?
    “The experience will give me a unique chance to learn about hard graft and discipline, as well as occult horror and existential philosophy.
    “I hope to do my country – and Mark E Smith – proud, and pay fitting tribute to all the heroic men and women who have served in The Fall before me.”
    Fall keyboardist Elena Poulou said: “He may be fourth in line to the throne, but he’ll be expected to muck in like the rest of us, and allow Mark to **** with his bass amp during gigs.”
    “If he knuckles down, he could find himself promoted to guitarist, second drummer or even the highest rank a Fall member can achieve – someone who gets booted out and then has a song written about them, slagging them off.”

:laughup:

johnnybrum, vince and serge like this.
  6. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

https://www.facebook.com/BeggarsArchive?fref=ts

I'm assuming the TWAFW and TSNG are just straightforward reissues of the 2010 Beggars issues, the other two are interesting though

We have great news!
    On June 15/16, we are reissuing several albums by THE FALL on vinyl + Schtick - Yarbles Revisited has never before been available on vinyl!
    THE WONDERFUL AND FRIGHTENING WORLD OF THE FALL
    Released in 1984, The Wonderful And Frightening World Of The Fall was the band’s seventh studio album and their first for Beggars Banquet. It makes few concessions to the larger market - every potential hook seemed spiked with the band’s usual rough take- it-or- leave- i...t stance - though the integration of Brix Smith into the band added a melodic twist. This LP has been mastered from HD files transferred from the analog tapes.
    THE WONDERFUL AND FRIGHTENING ESCAPE ROUTE TO THE FALL
    This contains the material from the two singles and the EP, Call For Escape Route, that the band released in 1984, which were also part of the extended cassette version of the original album. These were the remaining tracks recorded at the sessions.
    THIS NATION’S SAVING GRACE
    Originally released in 1985, their 8th album is one of The Fall’s most loved releases and is often hailed as one of the greatest albums of the 1980s. Drawing from the well of primal rock ‘n’ roll, the band play with muscular spontaneity and inspiration to create music that still sounds unique and challenging, especially against today’s anodyne imitations of Rock and ‘guitar music’. This LP has also been mastered from HD files.
    SCHTICK – YARBLES REVISITED
    Available for the first time on vinyl, this collection compiles the singles released around This Nation’s Saving Grace and includes 5 tracks from the bands’ 1985 BBC Peel sessions. Also included is the track “Ma Riley” which made its debut on the CD box set in 2011.
    US PREORDER HERE:
    bit.ly/TheFallReissues
    See More

Jim B. likes this.
  7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"I WANT-AH! My Banky-AH!"

Tim Wilson and HiFi Guy 008 like this.
  8. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

9. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

I'm seriously loving "Sub-Lingual Tablet". Very good indeed.

Poison_Flour likes this.
  10. Poison_Flour

Poison_Flour Forum Resident

Cruisers Creek

reminds me off

11. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Cruisers Creek was released 4 years before Love Shack!

12. Poison_Flour

Another fine example of people ripping off The Fall

13. Poison_Flour

It runs with the general idea of thinking two mediocre albums one great one of recent years Venice With The Girls is one stomper of a song

14. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Yeah, me too. Strong LP.

15. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Haven't Heard the album yet as I ordered the cd and lp and Amazon won't ship it until the lp comes out on Monday

16. erasmus

erasmus Forum Resident

For anyone interested The Complete Peel Sessions 1978-2004 is available to download in Lossless Quality at Qobuz for just £3.19

uncarvedbloke likes this.
  17. Poison_Flour

18. Mumdad

Mumdad Forum Resident

Anyone know how the Sanctuary vinyl reissues sound? Interested in picking up Dragnet which I've been without since offloading the ropey Earmark job years ago.

Apologies if they're discussed elsewhere, The Fall aren't the easiest band search engine-wise!

19. edb15

edb15 Senior Member

The Earmark issues were actually well done. I think the problem is that Dragnet is am unbelievably crude recording. I have the original press and the late 80s UK issue pressed in France I too am curious about the quality of the Sanctuarys but expect hi res files mastered and pressed at GZ.

20. Love them. Picked up a CD version of 'Room To Live' for a fiver at Heathrow airport- the only good thing that's ever happened to me in that sheethole... :edthumbs:

rediffusion likes this.
  21. Mumdad

Mumdad Forum Resident

Yeah I'm not expecting sonic wonders from early Fall by any means but I remember the Earmark version being consistent with all the other releases of theirs that I've owned or heard - nice pressing quality but they sounded like CDs chucked onto vinyl (the included CD bonus tracks obviously don't necessarily confirm that but they don't exactly contradict the general impression either).

Just wondering how the current Sanctuary ones were but I've just checked and it looks like this is the first batch, for some reason I was sure a couple of others had been out already. Guess I might have to take the plunge myself then..

22. RomanZ

RomanZ Forum Resident

First time I'm hearing about Sanctuary vinyl. Are you sure you aren't talking about TWAFWOTF, TNSG etc - these are by Beggars (and apparently mastered from hi-res files)

23. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

I'm impressed to hear that Heathrow airport is selling Fall CDs. That's why it's called Great Britain.

24. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Really? There are no record stores in Heathrow. Not since HMV closed 2-3 years ago.

25. Mumdad

Mumdad Forum Resident

No, Live at the Witch Trials and Dragnet are out this week.

As I said, I thought there'd been an earlier batch but since these are obviously the first two LPs I'm probably getting it muddled with reading the announcement months back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.