The Feuding Zappas

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeff Kent, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

His laugh does have a, "That's FUNNY, boss!"-type of ring to it!

gd0 likes this.
  3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Maybe it means, he was ashamed of their table manners....? :eek:

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  4. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Dweezil just Tweeted out this:

[​IMG]

Recently, we Zappa siblings (Diva, Ahmet and Dweezil) got together with the goal of resolving our differences. Once we sat down and actually listen to one another, we found a much greater understanding of each other's intentions. We regret that our communication broke down and that things were misconstrued. It may be a bumpy road at times - we are a passionate Italian family - but we have decided to work towards privately discussing issues rather than using public forums and lawyers.

We are hopeful that if any of our fathers fans have felt conflicted, they can join us in the peace of our resolution. With our best feet forward, we are moving ahead and will faithfully deliver much more of our fathers indefinable brilliance, also known as the "World's Finest Optional Entertainment."

Thank you for your passion and love for our father. We can assure you, we all feel the same about him.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    DMortensen, ash1, smoke and 29 others like this.
  5. This is GREAT news.

6. gd0

No Moon?

ParloFax likes this.
  7. Chris DeVoe

As seen in an earlier post, Moon and Diva had either worked out their own differences, or never had any beef with the other in the first place.

It's easy enough to forget what has happened in all the twists and turns of this soap opera.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    warewolf95 likes this.
  8. gd0

Yeah, but Moon might want some say in what gets produced, or at least an opportunity to voice a different POV when things like hologram tours are green-lit. She'd been vocal with disapproval.

Not that that changes the terms of the will. But still...

Hope Dweezil can get his guitars back.

ParloFax and warewolf95 like this.
  9. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

I think the Spin Doctors were/are a great band and people shouldn't dismiss them so hastily.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  10. HenryH

HenryH Miserable Git

I think that if they stepped back and realized that they have all something to gain, both for themselves and for their father, these issues could be easily resolved. Of course, I have no idea about the intricacies and details of their issues and concerns, but I have to say they are quite privileged and fortunate to have the opportunity to manage this legacy.

11. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

....close thread. :D

Runicen and Peter_R like this.
  12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

""We shall see...", said the zen master." - "Charlie Wilson's War".

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  13. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

I hope Moon and Diva are happy, healthy, and fulfilled. They really seem like they are on the sidelines. If Dweezil and Ahmet can simply stay out of each other’s lane, things should be good. Let the music play.

Runicen, Greenalishi and Peter_R like this.
  14. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

They all respect the music and all that their dad was. Even the litigical fighting stuff is Frank. He was as much in that side of things as well. So, this battle is right up his alley. I'm very happy they seem to have worked this out. Dweezil is so good. It's important this music be played and he does it so well. Rock on all.....

Runicen likes this.
  15. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Never chose a side. They are all Zappas.

marblesmike likes this.
  16. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Yay!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Although I was firmly in Dweezil's camp, for whatever disagreements I had about Ahmet/Diva, I still also never felt any malice from their side - just a different view of doing things. Hell, look at all the great releases since Gail passed - they're doing something right!

Glad they worked everything out. :)

17. Chris DeVoe

...and they'll join forces and gang up on you!

18. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'm grateful so much has gotten released in the years after Frank's Final Tour commenced. Kinded stunned occasionally, looking back on all the issues we should have never been allowed to be privvy to in the first placed. I know it's an income stream for this family, and all the fans have here is a self-interest to keep their fix pumpin'. And I'm not ashamed of that, despite FZ's wishes. He wasn't always the best judge of his audience's abilities to appreciate him. Or, how well he was treated on those tapes he left behind. Point being, I hope he looks up occaionally from the t*tt*es-n-beer he's sharin' right now with de Debil, and sees some hope that his loved ones are gonna be all right.

Dr. Mudd and Runicen like this.
  19. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Well, this officially tops Korean unification talks on the list of "diplomatic developments I never thought I'd live to see."

In seriousness, fingers crossed this is a lasting thaw and improvement in relations.

bluesbro and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  20. gd0

Kim Jong Moon

Runicen likes this.
  21. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

22. Chris DeVoe

This weekend, the Chicago School of Rock is doing their Zappa show. They did one before, but Greyhound bus lines hosed me and made me miss the concert. Last year's Oak Park show was amazing, and this one promises to be every bit as good. The director is Andy Levenberg who is the Music Director of the Chicago school, a director of various AllStars Teams and a huge Zappa fanatic. Here's the setlist:

TELL ME YOU LOVE ME
    WIND UP WORKING IN A GAS STATION
    BAMBOOZLED BY LOVE
    JOE'S GARAGE/MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA/GOING FOR THE MONEY
    TRYIN' TO GROW A CHIN/CITY OF TINY LIGHTS
    SAN BER'DINO
    TROUBLE EVERY DAY
    OH NO/THE ORANGE COUNTY LUMBER TRUCK/WEASELS RIPPED MY FLESH
    ZOMBY WOOF
    WHEN THE LIE'S SO BIG
    FLORENTINE POGEN
    KEEP IT GREASEY
    PEACHES EN REGALIA
    YOU DIDN'T TRY TO CALL ME
    CAROLINA HARDCORE ECSTASY
    VALLEY GIRL
    I'M THE SLIME
    SOCIETY PAGES/I'M A BEAUTIFUL GUY/BEAUTY KNOWS NO PAIN/CHARLIE'S ENORMOUS MOUTH
    COSMIK DEBRIS
    RDNZL
    INCA ROADS
    SOFA #2

There will be two shows at Chicago's Cobra Lounge - one on Saturday June 9 at 3 PM, one Sunday June 10 at 1 PM. The other show (1 PM Sat, 3 PM Sun) will be Jimi Hendrix.

If you're in Chicago and a Zappa fan, please come out and see this. I've known some of these kids since they were nine years old, and am proud to see them grow as musicians to where they can play this stuff. Zappa is the pinnacle of the School of Rock program, the music that the younger kids aspire to be able to play. I'll be shooting the Sunday show.

23. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Where's N-Lite? Beat The Reaper? Waffenspiel? You know, the good stuff!?!? :)

24. Chris DeVoe

You're right, no G-Spot Tornado, no deal.

KDubATX likes this.
  25. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Yeah, kids today, if it doesn't have that disco beat, they are not interested! :laugh:

Chris DeVoe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.