The Flash (TV Series 2014– )

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by musicalbeds, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger Thread Starter

Eddie is also his rival, and the producers have said episode 13 will have more hints about him... so it's hard to figure out if they're going with two rivals, or one will somehow be placed on the backburner, or removed altogether. I suspect that would be Dr Wells, because Eddie is a Thawne, the last name of the Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom, but they've definitely made it hard to bet on, at this point.

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

That had to be the fanciest "dive bar" I've ever seen.

Every show needs the world's least secure super-villain basement jail.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    musicalbeds likes this.
  3. musicalbeds

No advancement on the mystery of Dr Wells and Eddie Thawne, but still a fun episode as we learn about the duality of Firestorm. Next week's episode is called Nuclear Man, so we'll be seeing more of him next week, as well as Gorilla Grodd, as shown in the epilogue.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    jriems likes this.
  4. musicalbeds

5. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I'm still trying to figure out how that's going to work. Hamill is literally old enough to be Grant Gustin's grandfather.

musicalbeds likes this.
  6. musicalbeds

According to the link, he'll be in jail, while a young poser takes his name...we know Jesse James won't allow that, hence his return.

I think it's cool; a nod to the old series by having him in jail and his present age, while introducing a possible young person to be used regularly. From what I've read, there's a "Rogues" episode coming after, because Hamill is the last of the comic book rogues to meet.

7. musicalbeds

Hey......could Barry's father be an alternate timeline Flash? He seems to know about his son, according to the last episode, and it's possible they'll use time travel, alternate lines, etc, to tie the show into the original 90's series, like Star Trek did with the two Spocks. Hamill's return allows for that.

I'm not sure it's a good idea unless done really well, or else it would be cheesy...but I guess it's possible.

8. ascot

ascot Senior Member

The original Flash was Jay Garrick, and Barry's father here is Henry Allen. I don't think it's the direction the story will go. I would like to see the future news article Harrison Wells was viewing in an earlier episode. I never thought to freeze my DVR and look it over.

musicalbeds likes this.
  9. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

So in this continuity, Jesse James (Mark Hamill) was the villain, Trickster, 40 years ago? If so, then there was no Flash around when he was in his prime? It just seems confusing. I totally understand the nod to the 90's Flash TV series by having John Wesley Shipp play a role in the new show, and Mark Hamill guesting in the new show. But if Hamill plays Jesse James, then it's just weird that he was active as the Trickster 40 years before the show's present, and if he was there was likely no Flash around during his heydey. I say this because if there WAS a Flash around 4 decades ago, the folks of Central City would surely remember him, and the current Flash wouldn't be an amazing new oddity to them.

musicalbeds likes this.
  10. musicalbeds

True enough, but...I forgot to mention this...we just met Linda Park, Wally West's girlfriend/wife in the comic and now Barry is dating her. Kinda funny to see Iris and Linda in the story....that kinda says anything is up for grabs from Wally's life. We've already seen the reference to needing to eat a lot more, which was a West issue in the comics.

11. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Yep, they're definitely taking bits and pieces from all of the comics continuities and creating their own universe. I guess it's really only confusing to those of us who know a little about the various Flash incarnations in the comics. The uninitiated won't be confused at all! :D

musicalbeds likes this.
  12. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Yep. Cisco Ramon is Vibe in the comics and in the last episode he had a vibration creating device. If they take Caitlin Snow into Killer Frost it will be interesting to see what events turn her against the team.

musicalbeds likes this.
  13. ascot

ascot Senior Member

14. It's a shame that Flash has some of the sillier villains, which they seem to be porting over from the comics. Still, it's a great show.

15. musicalbeds

Oh man, I can't believe I missed that! I recall Vibe only a bit, but Killer Frost I recall better. I definitely did not connect the two to comic book characters.

I hope the lovely Caitlin doesn't become evil...unless she gets a sexy costume, then I'll be onboard, lol.

16. musicalbeds

Gorilla Grodd is on next week. Grodd is partially responsible for Hunter Solomon becoming the Reverse Flash...could that be Dr Wells?

17. If they look Grodd up in the basement jail, they can turn it in to a zoo and start charging admission.

musicalbeds likes this.
  18. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I only know Vibe from when he first appeared 3o years ago. Apparently they've improved the character since then.

[​IMG]

musicalbeds and ascot like this.
  19. For those in the Los Angeles area, Paleyfest is holding a Flash/Green Arrow panel on March 14. These typically include most of the cast as well as show creators, writers, etc.:

http://media.paleycenter.org/paleyfest-la-2015

They haven't announced the specific participants yet but I've attended Paleyfest events in the past and have never been disappointed.

musicalbeds and PhantomStranger like this.
  20. The Flash panel will almost certainly include the entire principal cast. I suspect some of Arrow's cast may be missing.

musicalbeds likes this.
  21. musicalbeds

Last night was full of fun, watching Barry juggling his secret identity with his love life. Linda Parks is a fun character.... but I suspect they won't get hot and heavy, due to her being Wally's love interest; I think we're just played a bit until Iris and he get together.
    Of course now that he's told Iris he's over her, Iris will realise he's the one she wants.

The mystery of the blood on the wall is amping up the overall mystery of Barry's Mom's death... the questions about it are my favourite part of the story....I love the mystery they are bringing to the series.

Can't wait for next week to see how they deal with Firestorm!

22. Did everyone catch Wells wearing a Reverse Flash ring?

[​IMG]

musicalbeds likes this.
  23. musicalbeds

No, I missed that...thanks for pointing it out!

24. musicalbeds

Last night's episode was part two in the Firestorm separation story.

I enjoyed it....a bit of mystery, a bit of humour...."that was week 3", and a whole lot of action.

Firestorm might be spun off into his/their own show from the way they left it, or maybe not.

25. ascot

ascot Senior Member

I love how they pulled off Firestorm in a live action show. Yes, there are a lot of CGI effects but it's still neat.

PhantomStranger and musicalbeds like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.