The Flash (TV Series 2014– )

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by musicalbeds, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger Thread Starter

The ramifications of a dual personality sharing the same body has spin off written all over it.... I guess they'll wait and see how reaction is to his character before making any final decisions.

I do like the way the show is plotted.... it's very "comic book" and I love that.

2. They've yet to announce who will be there from Arrow, but from Flash they'll have:

Grant Gustin
    Jesse L. Martin
    Tom Cavanagh
    Candice Patton
    Rick Cosnett
    Danielle Panabaker
    Carlos Valdes
    Executive Producers: Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg

That's pretty much all of the major players. It will be interesting to see who ends up there from Arrow but even if it's only a handful, Flash's cast will make for a great event.

3. I thought they did a great job of introducing Firestorm and showing off his powers, though they left the transmutation power alone for now.

Gorilla Grodd is coming.:D

musicalbeds likes this.
  4. 'Not God, Grodd.'
    [​IMG]
    Brilliant!

5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

So why didn't Barry just take his Flash outfit off when he was covered with the caustic acid? It would have been so much quicker than running around in circles to create a vacuum.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They say it takes more than half an hour for the makeup and costume department to glue the actor into the Flash costume, so maybe he didn't have that much time.

7. DreadPikathulhu

....I thought it was because then they'd have to rename the show The Streak.

8. The show you want is called The Flasher. It would have to be on HBO.:D

jriems and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  9. DreadPikathulhu

I did like the quip about there being a guy who could turn into clouds being in a cell in the basement since about the third week. I was hoping that Ronnie would ask how they fed him.

10. musicalbeds

11. musicalbeds

Last night, we got answers!!! Lots of answers!!! And drama.... lots of that. Iris! Cisco! My wife was shocked!!!

The ending, a cliffhanger, was a fun shock.... we're finally getting to the meat of the story, finding out the motivations of Wells, and time travel has now taken centre stage.

That vague enough that I haven't spoiled anything?

Ooooweeeee... what an episode!!

12. musicalbeds

Here's a trailer showing stuff from last night, and bits from upcoming episodes....hold onto your hat, it's got some really cool teasers!!!

13. musicalbeds

Whoops, forgot to post the link lol;

14. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Last night's episode was a whirlwind at the end. It had me going "Whoa!" "Whoa!!" "Whoa!!!" and then reset the table to set up the last few shows of the season.

musicalbeds likes this.
  15. DreadPikathulhu

What the heck were they doing watching Buster Keaton in the incorrect aspect ratio?

musicalbeds, Vidiot and jriems like this.
  16. I bet it was the correct aspect ratio in the comic book ;)

17. DreadPikathulhu

So Cisco was vibrated to death?

18. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

The Flash time traveled at the end so you just know that'll be reset. Even more annoying is Iris confessing her love and learning Barry is the Flash will be too, which means the romance angle will be stretched far, far longer than it should be like its been on every other superhero show ever made.

musicalbeds likes this.
  19. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Wells rearranged all of his internal organs...

Nah, I'm just messin around.

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Once you introduce time travel into a TV show or film, nobody ever has to die. If somebody gets murdered, then the hero just goes back in time and prevents it. The preview for the next episode has a scene where <dead character> is still alive, so that may give you a clue on what's happening.

I read the original Flash comics from the 1960s when I was a little kid, and I remember the stories with Gorilla Grodd -- the world's most intelligent ape, the result of an encounter with an alien asteroid in Africa. It won't be cheap doing a TV show with an entirely CG character like this, but you notice they're keeping the ape underground and in shadow in the series (so far).

21. musicalbeds

It's more likely that Wells just solidified his hand once inside, which would kill Cisco. Grab his heart and squeeze.
    Kitty Pryde of the X-Men had the intangibility power, and was able to take out opponents with the same, albeit less lethal, trick.

22. musicalbeds

Barry might change more than just Cisco's death... it could be that his big reveal never happens.

23. DreadPikathulhu

I'm wholly confident that Cisco will be back.

musicalbeds likes this.
  24. musicalbeds

Me too...I think he's going to become Vibe, if the trailer isn't just toying with us.

And what a great trailer... I've watched it a few times, and I still get goose bumps, lol. They are doing a great job of amping up the suspense!

25. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The Vision was another Marvel character who did this regularly.

In the DC Flash comics, he was able to "vibrate his molecules" to pass through solid objects, so if that's how it was working, all Wells would have to do is stop vibrating to do some serious damage. Of course, why his hand/wrist is not comparably messed up is a question for the comic book physics professors to answer. :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    musicalbeds and Shawn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.