The Flash (TV Series 2014– )

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by musicalbeds, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  2. ascot

ascot Senior Member

I am quoting an internet comment, but it's true. Where's Doc Brown when you need him?!

Vidiot likes this.
  3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I did enjoy the "back to the future" quip in the finale.

4. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I think in the original timeline the accelerator accident still happened, only slightly more into the future and under the guidance of the original Dr. Wells. I believe the Reverse Flash said or hinted as much several episodes ago.

wayneklein and musicalbeds like this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

Does that mean we get Dr. Wells back? I did like the actor.

6. Squealy

The producers are saying Tom Cavanagh will continue to be a cast member next season.

musicalbeds likes this.
  7. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Good question. It'll certainly be interesting to see how they resolve the multiple paradoxes. Or at least I hope so and they don't do the lame WB cop out season premiere that takes place months into the future where life is seemingly back to normal. I hate that.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

[​IMG]

9. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger Thread Starter

Ah, you were paying attention! That's indeed what happened; Thawne caused the accident earlier than Wells did, by 5 years at least.
    With Thawne dead, they can change everything back to a timeline untouched by his evil manipulation.

Eddies will be alive though... so we'll get a potential return of the Reverse Flash later, with Cavanaugh playing Dr Wells until then. Barry's Mom should be alive too. That's my guess.

10. Squealy

But it seemed like Eddie's death wiped out Thawne without changing anything else. They were still dealing with the same reality after he disappeared.

Shawn likes this.
  11. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

But if Thawne never exists then Eddie doesn't need to kill himself. It's the major paradox that needs to be rectified before everything can be reset. Besides, if Eddie stays with Iris then Thawne could never exist anyways. Either way this timeline was doomed.

musicalbeds likes this.
  12. DreadPikathulhu

I can't see them killing off the Reverse Flash forever. I think him returning to his original form in the last episode shows he's going to be played by someone besides Cavanaugh next time.

musicalbeds likes this.
  13. musicalbeds

That reality was slowly being eaten by a black hole....which I postulate was time rectifying itself, meaning Eddie's death changed things on a huge level, requiring the end of all things in this timeline.

14. musicalbeds

Agreed. Tom will probably stay being Wells, and a new actor will play RF.

15. musicalbeds

There's no paradox; Eddie's death wiped out Thawne's existence, and now the whole timeline will be changed to a reality where Eobard never manipulated anything.

It will be the original pure timeline, which never had RF killing Barry's Mom, never had his Dad in jail.....it will be untouched by RF. Eddie will be alive, and I'm guessing still involved with Iris.
    The thing is, Thawne will still exist in the future, ready to return and restart the old timeline....if Eddie's death is reset, then Thawne lives again in the future.
    Of course, this is all my speculation on how it can be achieved without a paradox...whether they follow this is anyone's guess.

Vidiot likes this.
  16. badfinger54

badfinger54 Senior Member

I had my DVR set to record the next-to-last episode...and was crushed to see it wasn't there the other night!! Man, it's still hard to believe what all has gone on in one season!!! My PC has got something going on making it run slow, so I'm not sure how watching videos would go until I resolve it. I know they will eventually re-run that episode, but I am anxious to see it. Our local cable doesn't offer CW 'On Demand' like they do with some networks, etc. Just my luck.

17. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

But it is a paradox. If Eddie dies and Thawne is never born, then none of the events of the past season could ever have happened to reach this point for Eddie to come to the conclusion that he kill himself. That is a classic textbook time paradox. Which means that sometime in the future after time resets and the paradox resolves itself, Thawne WILL be born, but this will always be how he dies. The only people that will remember any of this is The Flash (which is why future Flash warned him not to save his mom) and Cisco.

Vidiot and Shawn like this.
  18. Squealy

The black hole was a consequence of the time travel Victor Garber had already warned them about. It wasn't caused by what Eddie did.

The only thing that Eddie's death did was make Thawne/Wells disappear. It's clear nothing else has changed, or they wouldn't be in this situation at all. And the show isn't going to undo all the characters' relationships and bring Barry's mother back to life -- or what would be the point of the big emotional scene in this episode where he had to accept that would never happen.

19. musicalbeds

Ok, it's a paradox that resolves itself, I was assuming you meant it was a paradox that was unresolved to the viewer.

Thawne will likely be born, but I disagree that it will be always how he dies...I think that remains to be seen.

If he is reborn, we should go through the same loop over and over, but with Barry knowing what happened...(and Cisco too, as noted by Eobard, he was affected by the particle accelerator making him in tune with vibrations), then a different outcome is possible.

Since Cisco is the name of a superhero named Vibe in DC comics, it seems they are at least giving that a nod.

20. musicalbeds

I think it might be caused by what Eddie did...the black hole was under control until Eddie's death, so I postulate it's time erasing itself on a much bigger scale than just Eobard/RF winking out.

As noted above, I think such a big change as Eobard winking out, requires a slower erasing of all that happened. We'll see on that part.
    The show might undo stuff...the comic did.

21. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

The thing about traveling into your own past is that you can't change things. Anything you do was always meant to happen, that's why paradoxes in theory cannot occur. And if for the sake of argument you could change events, like killing your own father before you were born, did you really journey into the past? Or did you cross over into a mirror parallel Earth that was identical in every way but years in the past? Eobard was doomed from the moment he decided to mess with his own timeline. It's startling that a man of such genius couldn't see it coming. The universe doesn't like paradoxes and they always get rectified in some manner.

musicalbeds likes this.
  22. Squealy

I think that *should* have happened, but if it was going to, then everything should have changed as soon as Eddie died.

They will probably get out of it by saying something like, Eddie made that change in the present rather than by going back in time, so what has already happened couldn't be changed.... something like that. It's all fantasy, they can make up whatever they want!

musicalbeds and Shawn like this.
  23. DreadPikathulhu

Only four or so months until season 2. At least the break is isn't as long as it is with The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones.

musicalbeds likes this.
  24. May the Speed Force be with you.:D

That was a wild finale to what has been a great season. I was wondering why Professor Stein had that weird speech about coincidences to Eddie in the middle of the episode until Eddie sacrificed himself.

Bring on Earth-2.:righton:

musicalbeds likes this.
  25. musicalbeds

But that's what I think was happening as the hole grew larger, as soon as Eobard died; it was changing everything. We think it would happen in a wink, like with Eobard, but it's a much bigger erasure than just him, so perhaps everything wasn't changing right away, it was being eaten by the paradox, erased, not winked out.
    I agree, it's flimsy, but it makes a logical sense, somewhat.

wayneklein likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.