"The Flintstones: The Complete First Season" arrives March 16, 2004.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

Looks like we have another winner. Check out tvshowsondvd.com for the details.

2. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Sounds great, can't wait.

3. RDK

RDK Active Member

Yabbadabbadoo!

4. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

NOOOO WAAAAY!!!!

This will be the most anticipated DVD I'll ever own!!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

5. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Great...there's another LaserDisc box that just went from valuable to frisbee! :D

I wonder if the DVD set will have the pre-pilot and the cigarette commercials on it like the LD box?

6. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Just to see the "swimming pool" episode.....I love that one! Fred at his nastiest!:D

7. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

to answer my own question, the set WILL have the "Flagstones" cartoon, which was the precursor to The Flintsotnes, as well as promo spots and a bunch of extras. They did not mention the Winston spots.....

8. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Well that's good. I guess I'll hold on to my frisbees, uh I mean LD's until I hear otherwise!!!:D

9. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

:nauga: :thumbsup: :D :edthumbs: :p :laugh: :love: :winkgrin: :righton: :cheers: :goodie:

10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

It does not say but... did they leave the laugh tracks in? Or take them out like they did with the last bunch of restored episodes / seasons?

11. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

What I'd really love to see is the laugh tracks included, but with a disabling option a la the "M*A*S*H" sets, so viewers can decide whether to watch the show with or without them.

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

With the fasination of airbrushing "Ciggies" out of Pop Stars hands, etc..It's highly unlikely we'll see anything to do with them...:rolleyes: Although, I recently picked up a "Topper" DVD and they had original cigarette commercials contained! and I hear the Dick Van Dyke Show DVD's has a few also...I guess it's hit and miss...:)

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Trivia: can you name a) the one episode in which Fred never gets mad, and b) the one episode in which Barney consistently acts surly and nasty toward Fred?

14. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

That sounds like the episode where Fred invite Betty and Barney to move in with them while their plumbing is being fixed(Fred's fault of course). Then to prove Wilma wrong Fred is extremely nice to Barney when she or Betty is around even though Barney gets on Fred's nerves from the minute they move in.

15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No, Fred gets plenty angry in that one. The episode in question is the one where Wilma wants a maid. Bizarrely, Fred is good-natured and cheerful through the whole show, even when Wilma's acting nasty.

No guess on the Barney episode?

16. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

Some of the eps in the laserdisc box were ruined by excessive DVNR (actual lines of animation were removed...not just hair and dust).

Hopefully they don't use those masters...

17. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

Here's a similar example from the Betty Boop box...I don't have a Flintstones example, but in some cases it was even worse.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.