The Frankenstein Chronicles-Sean Bean series on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneklein

wayneklein Forum Fool Thread Starter

Interesting show. It plays a bit like Penny Dreadful as a post-modern (not Prometheus) mystery/gothic science fiction series.

The show was originally produced by ITV and A&E who elected to pass on airing it (due to their inability to break through the noise of all the other original series out there).

Bean plays Marlot a member of the River Police who discovers the body of a child sewn together from different body parts of other children. This opens the door for Marlot to cross paths with Mary Shelly, William Blake and discovers a dark conspiracy within the heart of London.

The show is well written (although season one drags a bit in the middle) and gallops right along to season two (which is six episodes). Netflix bought the series last year (it was produced in 2015 for airing in 2016 and the second season 2017). Here's hoping that there's a third season. Each season is self contained but with a few loose ends to set up the next season.

alexpop likes this.
  2. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I'm loving it! Reminds me a bit of `Taboo' in tone......

3. Donal

Donal Forum Resident

Just noticed it on Netflix and added it to my list. Look forward to watching it. I like Sean Bean.

4. wayneklein

wayneklein Forum Fool Thread Starter

It's a pretty good show. The second season was less a mystery and more about Mallot's confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.