The Genesis members video interview of 2007 re. the individual albums is really very good, ain't it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ParloFax, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParloFax

ParloFax Senior Member Thread Starter

I watched it on Youtube (picked my fave albums, from "Nursery Cryme" to "The Lamb" inclusively) and could barely take breaks from it...

Given the dynamics of the group and its past members, from what I know of it at least, their recollections come off as being very complementary, in a surprising way. We often see in those documentaries of old groups one guy says white, the other one says black, and the director/editor keeps bouncing them one off another with fast cuts... That's boring!

They're being quite honest too, it seems (for example, Rutherford's admission that the group was being insensitive or unsupportive of Gabriel going through his personal ordeal during the making of The Lamb). Collins has a great sense of humor. And when he says he thought the stage presentations with their final album with Gabriel was getting in the way of the music, he explains technically, physically why...

Lots of details! Me love!

pantofis and Smartin62 like this.
  2. It's funny, they all have told the same stories almost to the same exact word for the past 25 or so years. I certainly don't mind, but I have noticed that over all these years. They really do care and have great respect for what they did, when they did it and with each other.

ParloFax likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.