The Gold Diggers Of Broadway (1929)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by WLL, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery Thread Starter

I was watching surviving footage of " The Gold Diggers Of Broadway " on YT. especially watching the essentially?? complete last two reels. I'm fascinated by lost films, especially early sound ones.
    Those two reels contain Nick Lucas's " Tip-Toe Through The Tulips and finishes with an usher knocking on the female lead 's - I'm sorry, I don't remember her name -door saying " Five minutes! ". The last reel opens with the same usher saying " Three minutes! " so perhaps a couple of minutes have passed.
    The romantic plot of the female lead is resolved (She gets her man! Goldigger.) then She goes out for her big number.
    We see a massive number, even if they're not particularly great, of male dancers in white tie and colorfully garbed chlorines for it, then choral " Painting The Clouds With Sunshine and a number of ultra-athletic solo dancers, then the visual is lost as the soundtrack wraps up the music and the chlorine " I am the spirit!" gag is resolved. The End.
    Okay, in starting this line I've synopsis that ,14-16 minutes - It"s satisfying as it offers the two biggest?? songs, saved for the end. and a big finale - all setting the manner for template of the " let"s put on a show! " musical as it was to develop and become familiar, wrapping up the story!
    I could say more but I fell into this synopsis to start this line.

smilin ed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.