The Grateful Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JRM, Apr 11, 2014.

1. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I was excited about the 1999 Phil run with Trey at the time. I thought I read a Lesh quote soon afterwards indicating that he would release 'every note' from those 3 shows, but that plan must have died a death. Been awhile since I have played though them, but for a while in those early CDR Trading/SHN Downloading era they were a hot item in my world.

Billy_Sunday and warewolf95 like this.
  2. scribbs

scribbs Resident Mockery

Every note has been released that I know of. What's missing?

warewolf95 and US Blues like this.
  3. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I was on Phil's side with that whole thing. Or at least what I perceived Phil's side to be. Reading Bobby's gripes about needing money to send his kids to college was a bit too much for me.

To paraphrase what Garcia said to Phil at some point, "What!? You need more money?"

budwhite, warewolf95 and US Blues like this.
  4. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

How about that...to make an argument for 4 different Sugaree's in the same month and every one of them is a monster. Shake it!

Crispy Rob, bzfgt, budwhite and 2 others like this.
  5. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    The art for Dave's 25 - please discuss.

6. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

Text from the email this came with, re: a la carte releases:

"Happy New Year!

If you didn't subscribe to the 2018 Dave's Picks series, then you are probably anxiously awaiting the pre-order email for Dave's Picks: Volume 25: Binghamton, NY, 11/6/77. If anxious is the keyword, have no fear. We're switching things up a bit this year. Each month that a Dave's Picks release is due to go on sale, we're gonna give you a heads up. So check your email, mark your calendars, set a reminder on your Apple Watch, pull out your Post-Its, and rest assured that everyone will have an equal opportunity to pre-order our Dave's Picks a-la-carte releases.

The much-requested, spectacular Dave's Picks: Volume 25 featuring 11/6/77 Binghamton, NY will go on sale on January 16th, 2018 at 10AM PT time*.

Thank you kindly.

*Please note that we will have a very limited quantity of Dave's Picks: Volume 25 available. Orders are limited to 2 copies."

We should absolutely set an over/under on how soon dead.net crashes after the on-sale time.

7. SBegonias17

From Dead.Net, for those who didn't get the e-mail:

"Happy New Year!

If you didn't subscribe to the 2018 Dave's Picks series, then you are probably anxiously awaiting the pre-order email for Dave's Picks: Volume 25: Binghamton, NY, 11/6/77. If anxious is the keyword, have no fear. We're switching things up a bit this year. Each month that a Dave's Picks release is due to go on sale, we're gonna give you a heads up. So check your email, mark your calendars, set a reminder on your Apple Watch, pull out your Post-Its, and rest assured that everyone will have an equal opportunity to pre-order our Dave's Picks a-la-carte releases.

The much-requested, spectacular Dave's Picks: Volume 25 featuring 11/6/77 Binghamton, NY will go on sale on January 16th, 2018 at 10AM PT time*.

Thank you kindly.

*Please note that we will have a very limited quantity of Dave's Picks: Volume 25 available. Orders are limited to 2 copies."

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I like it. But I also liked most of last year's that seemed to be pretty much universally detested, so what do I know? I like this better than last years though, particularly like the color palette.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. SBegonias17

Jinx!

ianuaditis and Claxton like this.
  10. Claxton

Great minds, and all that.....

ianuaditis and SBegonias17 like this.
  11. wavethatflag

Do I actually like this cover? I think I do.

12. SBegonias17

The color palette will either look amazing in person or be an eye-sore. The art itself has a weird vibe to it that I just can't place. My eye is continuously drawn to the rooster and corn for some reason.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Will be happy when Vol 25 shows up, but TBH I have a good copy of this show already, and there may or may not be more bass shenanigans in the mastering, so I am probably more interested in Vol 26 offhand.

14. scribbs

scribbs Resident Mockery

Holy crap, I really need to sell my copy of Dave's 2 sealed. $1400 on ebay? lol

Matthew Tate, ianuaditis and US Blues like this.
  15. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

FFS, stop with the ugly skeletons! Do something different! There is nothing in this cover art that in any way relates to Binghamton or that area of Upstate New York. Hire the dude who did the mid-May '77 box set- that was trippy art. This stuff is like a BAD parody of 60's psychedelic poster art.

Disclaimer: I haven't lived in NY since 1985, but I can still be an opinionated SOB. :nyah:

16. scribbs

scribbs Resident Mockery

I like the artwork.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Best art in a while

Matthew Tate and budwhite like this.
  18. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

I too wish they would come up with something besides the 'hippie skeletons doing stuff' theme.

That said, I like this one alright.

19. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

Not bad for my very first Dave's. :thumbsup:

Matthew Tate and warewolf95 like this.
  20. wavethatflag

So, everyone, given that they're telling us exactly when this one will go on sale, and given what I perceive to be the functional integrity of dead.net, don't be surprised when everything freezes and/or crashes at 10:01 AM.

Hopefully, you all is subscribe-ed.

21. scribbs

scribbs Resident Mockery

IIRC the artwork I made for Moore's 11/6/77 aud included a picture of a trainwreck, which is what I think of the show in general. Something to be considered when I say I like this artwork.

warewolf95 and DrLunchbox like this.
  22. Jackstraw78

Jackstraw78 Forum Resident

I think the bridge is the South Washington Street Parabolic Bridge in Binghamton that goes over the Susquehanna River. But, it is kinda generic looking in the picture and certainly not a focal point.

23. DrLunchbox

DrLunchbox Forum Deadhead #1604

One just needs to consider Hunter's continued output (Dylan, Lauderdale, etc.) and think about what Garcia could have done with some of those....

24. Claxton

That was my thought when I read the email. Has to be a crash within 1-2 minutes of sale time.

Wonder if they should look at something similar to what MLB teams do when selling tickets to opening day or playoff games? You get an email that sends you to a site where you register for a code. You have a predetermined amount of time (1 week or so) to go and register. After the cutoff, there's a specified date where registrants are randomly drawn and either A) sent an email with a link, code and specified on-sale window to buy or B) sent an email with "better luck next time."

Or, you know, just provide a digital-only subscription or a la carte option.

warewolf95 and wavethatflag like this.
  25. SBegonias17

I was thinking a lottery system would be ideal at this point. They have less than 500 available if the "we may sell out via subscriptions" hype was to be believed.

ianuaditis likes this.