The Hüsker Dü Album-by-Album thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by czeskleba, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

One of my local indie record shops has a sealed vinyl copy of "Zen Arcade". I've had the cd for years. Can anyone speak on if the vinyl sounds any better than the cd? Those SST masterings can be pretty harsh.

dirkster likes this.
  2. vai777

vai777 Forum Resident

Husker Du is harsh....thats their sound....Buzzy, jagged, fuzzy, and loud....it's the songs...not the production

3. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow

Livedog98 is worth a listen, high energy, great show. I picked it up at a Bob Show in Philly a long time ago. It's out of print on his website but available as disc 3 of the Edsel (UK) release - 0740155301330 - which features extra tracks for the other 2 discs as well as a remastering of those 2 discs.
    ---

The Last Dog And Pony Show + Livedog 98

Walking away from the massive success of his band Sugar, Bob Mould reinvented his approach to music-making again in 1996 with his self-titled third solo album, often referred to as ‘Hubcap’ due to it’s simple but striking sleeve imagery. Writing and playing everything himself, the recording frames emotive and hook-laden songs with a playful arrangement of drum machines, overdriven guitars and bubbling keyboards. A noise-pop gem that has long been regarded by fans as a firm favourite in an impressive canon of work, it is long overdue wider critical re-appraisal. It is combined here with the follow-up album from two years later, the last release of Bob’s short but productive partnership with the seminal Creation Record Label. A valedictory farewell to the guitar-based rock that he would subsequently take a long sabbatical from (and later return to further down the line), The Last Dog And Pony Show once again highlights his expert songcraft and highly original sonic vision. This expanded edition of both albums has been lovingly remastered from the original tapes, and includes b-sides, a bonus disc containing a full length live concert from 1998, and an extensive booklet with rare photos, memorabilia, and exclusive new interviews.

CD1 – Bob Mould AKA ‘Hubcap’
    CD2 – The Last Dog And Pony Show
    DVD – Livedog 98 – Live At The Forum, London 29th October 1998

http://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/catalogue/releases/the-last-dog-and-pony-show-livedog-98/

DISC 1: BOB MOULD AKA "HUBCAP":
    1. Anymore Time Between
    2. I Hate Alternative Rock
    3. King Solomon Fort Knox
    4. Next Time That You Leave
    5. Egoverride
    6. Thumbtack
    7. Hair Stew
    8. Deep Karma Canyon
    9. Art Crisis
    10. Roll Over and Die
    11. Wanted Was [B-Side]