The "I LOVE Juliana Hatfield" (and she has a new album) thread!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ricebear, Aug 28, 2011.

1. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Forum Resident

Would love to hear them do some (or all) of the B-sides from Become What You Are (such as "Hello My Name Is Baby" or "Batwing").

2. Veovis

Veovis Forum Resident

What a setlist! Become What You Are is one of my all time favourite albums! Too bad they don't take this show to Europe...

3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Minor Alps took 6 months to get over the pond, be patient. Advertise it as "the tour you didn't see 20 years ago".

Veovis likes this.
  4. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Great show in Boston, slightly different (and slightly shorter) in the extra songs after the album. Also, "Nirvana" was done with the band, not solo.

They really missed a golden opportunity by not calling this the "Become What You Were" tour.

BrewDrinkRepeat likes this.
  5. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

You're killing me with this setlist! The fact that she's playing the two best songs from "Only Everything", and "Everybody Loves Me But You" on top of "Become What You Are" makes the fact that I couldn't make the Bowery show in NYC even more unbearable! I'm so broke!

6. SoundAdvice

7. Veovis

Veovis Forum Resident

Thx for this! great setlist, and also very wise of them to understand that many people who attend these shows would love to hear more or less the complete Become What You Are. Not that the new album is bad, it isn't, but still. I would love to hear them perform those old fantastic songs live.

8. BrewDrinkRepeat

The show last night in Philly was great... a little rough around the edges, but still great. Wish I'd gone on Monday night too...

And it was nice that, despite being sold out, the club wasn't asses-to-elbows. "Sold out" to them doesn't mean "let's pack as many people inside the room as we're allowed to" and that made for a much nicer experience than I was expecting. :)

rockerreds likes this.
  9. davechen

davechen Forum Resident

midniteinsanjuan likes this.
  10. SoundAdvice

The JH3 activity(plus Minor Alps) has been giving her the most press mileage since perhaps her major label days. She's been with skimpy with her "classic" material in concert since the late 90's so these set lists are quite refreshing and it may lead to bigger opportunities on the touring front. In her 2008 she admitted to accepting as low as $1,500 for public gigs which is very low for someone with her catalogue.

11. Rodz42

Rodz42 Forum Resident

According to her FB page she's trying to put a vinyl release together soon

12. SoundAdvice

13. BrewDrinkRepeat

If she's getting her vinyl though us (we do her CDs), we're currently at a 16 week turnaround from approval due to capacity limitations. :shake:

14. SoundAdvice

Rodz42 likes this.
  15. ReadySteady

ReadySteady Custom Title

16. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

I went with the purple, clear is so uninteresting - after all, I've seen my turn table with nothing on it :)

So cool that this happened and an extra track thrown in too.

17. ReadySteady

ReadySteady Custom Title

Yeah, I ended up with purple marbled as well. I read that the bonus track may be a Rush cover... but who knows. If so, then one can only hope it's "By-Tor and the Snow Dog". :D

18. SoundAdvice

Is the vinyl still online exclusive? That caveat seems to have been removed.

In oregon the drummer teaser the drum intro to Subdivisions and the bass player did a few seconds of YYZ.

19. Rodz42

Rodz42 Forum Resident

I went with both. Purple is prettier, but clear can look nice too. Since this one will be scarce, may as well have a backup copy

davechen likes this.
  20. SoundAdvice

All her past vinyl is affordable. Even her 1995 album is in the $30-50 range, Hey Babe might be in the same range

Weirdly, about 3 of her rare EPs on compact disc would get more on auction. 2001 Blake Babies merch table EP, 2008 Walk Away Demos and the Sitting EP.

21. Rodz42

Rodz42 Forum Resident

What do those eps fetch? I only have the Sitting one

22. SoundAdvice

They never come up for auction. Might be $50+ if there is bidding competition.

23. Rodz42

Rodz42 Forum Resident

Hmmm.....i need to get those other 2

24. ReadySteady

ReadySteady Custom Title

The only one I'm missing is the Blake Babies EP. I was never too worried about it, especially now that it can be downloaded from Amazon.

25. nicotinecaffeine

nicotinecaffeine Forum Resident

Have seen her at least six times, starting right after Only Everything and through the supposed 5-in-attendence period. The audience was definitely smaller than her 1995-96 spell, but wasn't anything I'd consider a small number. Great performer, excellent songs and doesn't mince on the level of volume - appears to know how to utilize every imaginable tone from a Gibson SG.

Can understand where one poster in this thread claimed to have a crush on her. At some angles and expressions, she's model-material and in other angles appears a cross between icy and surreal. Oh well, nobody's perfect. Definitely feedbag grade, far as I'm concerned.