The Incredibles 2

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

trailer looks awesome. high hopes

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, I think there's a good chance this will be just as good as the original which would make it pretty great. :)

Deuce66 likes this.
  3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Holy moley, check out this headline:

'Incredibles 2' on track to be biggest animated movie of all time

I'm very glad for Pixar -- their previous film Good Dinosaur laid a big egg (a prehistoric egg), and I'm glad to see them return to form with a huge hit that gets great reviews and makes audiences happy. I really, really liked the first one a lot -- it might be my favorite Pixar film ever, right next to Toy Story 3.

GodShifter and forthlin like this.
  4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

The Good Dinosaur wasn't their previous film (I.E: the last film they released prior to The Incredibles 2).

After The Good Dinosaur came Finding Dory, Cars 3, and Coco.

Good to see the movie is doing so well! The first one was really terrific and ranks right up there was one of their best.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Well, it was a previous film. Finding Dory was absolutely huge (over a billion), and Coco got huge accolades and made over $800 million. Cars 3... :rolleyes:

I'm very glad for Brad Bird: Tomorrowland was an absolutely ****-show. Horrible beyond belief. You look at a film like that and go "WHY?" I honestly think Bird is one of the best directors alive, and I'm betting he'll redeem himself with Incredibles 2.

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Reviews are starting to roll in - 95% Fresh so far on RT.

7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

wow!
    I liked the first one a lot, but the trailers didn't seem as funny. Visually still great, though

8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I'm not sure why, but I've never been able to get much out of The Incredibles. Everyone loves it, and I expected to, but after seeing it a few times over the years, it just seems like middling Pixar to me. I'll see the new one I'm sure. Maybe I'll like it better.

9. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Got my tickets for the first showing tonight. Been waiting a loooong time for this one.

10. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Really? Obviously no one can convince you to like it if you don't, but those of us who do like it find it to be one of the best superhero action movies ever, and it has an emotional depth that virtually all others lack. The voice acting is exceptional - Holly Hunter and Craig T. Nelson's work is some of the best in the Pixar universe - like when Bob thinks his family has been killed, or when Helen is piloting the plane.

11. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Hoping for some great Edna Mode--No Capes!

12. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

She was probably the highlight of the original film for me. :)

longdist01 likes this.
  13. Chris DeVoe

Supermodels! Feh! Nothing super about them. Spoiled, stupid little stick figures who think only of themselves! I used to design for GODS!

longdist01 and forthlin like this.
  14. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I think the Edna scene in the first movie is a contender for the funniest in any Disney/Pixar movie.

Vidiot, longdist01 and Chris DeVoe like this.
  15. Chris DeVoe

The Pixar scene I laughed hardest at in the theater has to be "Mister Tortilla Head" from Toy Story 3. Basically a bit of silent movie comedy, up there with the best of Harold Lloyd, Harpo Marx or Charlie Chaplin.

I don't know who animated that scene, but he or she is a genius animator.

16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

The Incredibles is what that Fantastic Four movie from 2005 should have been.

longdist01 and Chris DeVoe like this.
  17. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Don't forget Inside Out. All of Pixar's movies are as much for adults as kids, but Inside Out was also for cognitive scientists.

Dan C, lightbulb, Vidiot and 3 others like this.
  18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I really liked that film, a lot. Very moving, really thoughtful (no pun intended), but also a lot of fun and with some unexpected twists and turns. I think of Inside Out as kind of "the kid's version of Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex," at least the Woody Allen segment that shows what goes on inside a guy's body when he's having sex. Really clever film.

Dan C and lightbulb like this.
  19. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Saw it last night with the family, lots of laughs. The 'other' Supers were delightfully odd. The plot moved along pretty well. I feel like a lot of the laughs were included in the trailer. The biggest laugh was when Dad takes the family out to a restaurant...

It was odd that Elastigirl's electric Elasticycle made engine noises.

Jack Jack was great.

There was even a short segment before the film with the cast 'apologized' for it taking 14 years to make a sequel.

forthlin and Dan C like this.
  20. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

We saw Incredibles 2 last night and it was AWESOME!! The characters, animation and writing overcame a somewhat predictable plot. Some of the animation in the action sequences cleverly mixes in a graphic novel feel with the CGI world. I need to see it again just for that.

We took our 3.5 year old and some of the action is a little intense. Also TOO LOUD. She didn't have bad dreams or anything and loved it, so just a caution to parents to give that come consideration.

Can't wait to see it again, this time without our daughter.

PS: the short might make you cry like a baby. Maybe sob...

dan c

BZync and forthlin like this.
  21. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

....or just "Herman's Head"!

Jeff Kent likes this.
  22. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Jack Jack's fight scene was one of the best.

Chris DeVoe and Dan C like this.
  23. Chris DeVoe

Just saw it and loved it. It didn't have the emotional depth of the first, more of a straight adventure, but you'll be able to watch both films back to back.

24. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Went yesterday. 8/10

25. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.