The Jack Bruce Facebook Page Teases Exciting Announcement

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockDude4492, Oct 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yesterday afternoon, Jack Bruce’s Facebook page posted the following:

“We have a very exciting announcement coming tomorrow at midday GMT, stay tuned”

They commented around that time this morning that the announcement had been delayed until Monday, so since there’s now 3 days until the announcement, I figured it might be fun to speculate what the announcement is. Do we think it’s a Cream-related thing or Jack Bruce solo. The last Bruce-solo item (the 3-disc Rockpalast set) came out with very little fanfare and was only announced by the page days before its release. It may be wishful thinking but I’m hoping it’s archival Cream stuff, especially if it’s live.

What do you guys think?

Sean, Hep Alien, jay.dee and 2 others like this.
  2. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

I'm thinking it's just Jack related, because if it were Cream news, I'm sure the Cream Facebook page would've been teasing the announcement as well.

SRC and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. RockDude4492

I’m inclined to agree, though the Cream Facebook page almost seems to just be a Universal music page, the postings are almost always exactly the same, which is the only reason I would think this could possibly be Cream related

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

Let's hope!

But I'll take a Jack archival release too, depending on the era.

Matthew Tate and RockDude4492 like this.
  5. RockDude4492

Is it possible to do a “Songs for a Tailor” expanded edition? What might that sort of thing entail?

PJayBe and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Kind of hope it wouldn't be Cream-related considering Ginger Baker's quite recent passing. Otherwise, I'd find it to be somewhat in bad taste. "One of our members died just a few days ago but take a look at this stuff that's coming out."

Sean, RubenH, The Ole' Rocker and 2 others like this.
  7. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

Jack Bruce
    OK the announcement has been pushed back to Monday!! Sorry to keep you waiting! <3
    - JB Digital

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

Clapton touring with holograms of Bruce and Baker

9. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

All Down The Line likes this.
  10. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

My guess would be a Ginger Baker tribute concert of some kind.

Ginger (in poor health) showed up and played for Jack's tribute concert.

11. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

12. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

The Amazon blurb mentions Jon Anderson (Jethro tull)!!!

13. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

It could be Cream related; wasn’t Bill Levenson working on a live release earlier this year?

14. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

that's what I thought

15. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I never understood the dynamic between Baker and Bruce. From what I had seen they almost loathed each other (especially Baker towards Bruce), yet they strangely reunited for the R&RHOF performance, for an album with Gary Moore and a few shows, the reunion shows, etc. And Baker in bad health going all the way to a concert for Bruce is something that also surprised me considering the above... and also that Baker seemed less than filled with love for most.

Can anybody give me a Cole's notes version of their dynamic through the years?

Hep Alien and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Lou O'Neill Jr. told me lots of Leslie West and Jack Bruce tales from 1981. How they got out of 1981 alive is beyond me.

olson and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

Bruce and Baker loved each other's playing, but they had massive personality clashes. So that's why they continued playing together on so many occasions over the years, and why those unions never lasted very long.

18. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Jack Bruce career retrospective box set?

smoke and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. neil

neil Senior Member

They have already done one retrospective on the Can You Follow Box years ago. That box was pretty good. He has so many recordings some good and some not so good. I basically like the first four solo albums and I'm done.

20. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

That was a very good box set. The first few solo albums are the best, with later projects being more spotty and even. Can’t see acquiring another box set of solo work.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I would welcome deluxe editions for classic albums like Songs For A Tailor and Harmony Row. I don't know how much they have in the way of bonus material for those, but they could do with a good remastering. Too much NR on the previous batch.

22. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Saw this video recording from 1990 David Letterman appearance...playing bits of Cream's songs in between breaks, and playing the old demo "Hey Now, Princess" from '67's "Disraeli Gears sessions" which Jack Bruce came across the old demo tapes and did re-recording w/ Ginger for his first album of new songs.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  23. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yup i own that box. hard to get much better than that. i think he only had 3-4 albums max after that set came out

24. RockDude4492

This is the first I’m hearing of this (not that I’m normally in the know about these things), that would be super exciting if true. Is there a Bill Levenson quote regarding this? I know he does stuff for the Allman Brothers Band and if any of Cream’s live work gets the treatment the Allmans have, I will be a happy camper

jay.dee and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

now that is a scary thought!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.