The Jam - Live at The 100 Club - Exclusive Vinyl Pressing

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pigalle, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I've been looking at this series since it came out but have never bought one of the releases. The new Wembley show got me and I ordered the LPs from the Canadian company mentioned in post #49. It was about $35 USD shipped to me, which seemed reasonable considering it is an import.

I'd also like to comment on the vinyl used in Extras. I certainly accept @noahjld's experience but my copy is quiet. The vinyl is fine. Playing it this morning, I'm struck by the low volume of the cut. That can make the vinyl seem noisy.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

I may just have had a duff pressing. Couldn't believe how poor it was, even on my mate's Sondek. Great little compilation though.

3. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Great gig.

4. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt Forum Resident

For those in the UK thesoundofvinyl.com have Wembley, Hammersmith and Music Machine for £12.99 each. 100 Club sold out.

5. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

These live Jam LPs come and go VERY fast.I tried to buy one or two through ebay UK sellers only to have my money returned.They are all still available on Discogs for stupid money.

6. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt Forum Resident

Universal runs thesoundofvinyl.com site so it is reliable. Postage to the USA I believe is expensive but the reduced prices as per my previous post may make it a viable option.

7. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I just picked up the Wembley for £12.99 from UDiscover in the UK. The uDiscover Music Store
    They have some of the others as well. I have all 6 now - or I think there were only 6 from the cd box.
    Gosh just looked at Discogs and £175 for Newcastle! Unfortunately I only have one copy. The Jam retain a pretty good solid core base of which I guess I am a member. I always enjoy playing their stuff. Maybe we will get some more material/product in 2018. 1978 was a great year for music and The Jam.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  8. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Ugh....the Fire & Skill box shoots into the hundreds-of-dollars every time it turns up on eBay. I would go the vinyl route, except that leaves a big hole where Newcastle isn't available for a reasonable price. Shame on me for not jumping on these when first available. Still, I imagine Universal will continue to repackage the band in various ways, as we've seen through the years.

9. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I bought the Fire and Skill CD boxset recently from CD Japan for the normal price , was identical to the European release apart from a sticker and additional booklet in Japanese.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.