The Jam - The Gift Super Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by heliocentric, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

So any clarification as to which Stoned Out Of My Mind is right? I actually love both of Weller's version as much as I love the Chi-Lites original

2. GreatKingRat

GreatKingRat Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that all the demos on this set are from variable bitrate MP3s? I'm reluctant to buy the Setting Sons set after noticing that....

http://postimg.org/image/tedksdd47/

3. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

I listened to "Happy Together" tonight and the line "feeling you close to me baby" sounds familiar - either the melody or the lyric or both.

4. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Is there a live version of "The Great Depression" on this box set? Not at home so I can't check.....

5. alanb

alanb Senior Member

I think your mind is playing tricks on you - this is the first time i have heard the word Baby used in a song in terms of reference to a girl or loved one.

mrjinks and Clarkophile like this.
  6. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Sorted. "The Great Depression" (live version) "was" going to be on the box set but instead was given to Mojo Magazine to use on a freebie CD.

7. riknbkr330

riknbkr330 Senior Member

One of my best memories of seeing the Jam on that tour was being let into the sound check, at Pasadena's Perkins Palace, with about 20 or 30 other people, and watching them play that song before it was released. Every time I hear it, and especially the live version, I'm taken back to that special day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.