DCC Archive The Joshua Tree MF Gold

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lbangs, Oct 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member Thread Starter

What is the difference between a standard issue U2's The Joshua Tree and the MF gold disc. Is it a great improvement, or are we talking Who's Next here?

Thanks.

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

2. Matt

Matt New Member

It sounds like a good improvement to me. Awhile back, one person posted that the standard, stock CD issue of "Joshua Tree" was quitely remastered many years ago and said not to buy the MFSL edition for this reason. But, others countered soon after, saying how the MFSL of Joshua Tree and War were amazing. I went out and bought the Joshua Tree MFSL soon after, and I have to agree with the latter camp, it really leaps out of the speakers.

3. Sam

Sam Senior Member

The very best way to hear Joshua Tree is with the standard VINYL pressing. This blows the mfsl cd out of the water. Now, if only mofi had released this title on vinyl.

4. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

SAM is right that the vinyl is outstanding. I have loved this record for a long time, but have a CD player as well for a number of reasons, chiefly convenience and portability. I bought the standard CD and was totally shocked at how bad it was. Very thin and none of the deep layering that I had heard on the record.

Since I was such a big fan of the music I lashed out on the MFSL CD some years ago, and it was so much better it was laughable. While not quite up to the LP it is an excellent disk that is very satisfying to listen to. If you like The Joshua Tree and have a digital system, the MFSL will give you almost everything you want from U2. Highly recommended.

Regards,
    Metralla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.