The Kickstarter for the Aural Pleasure 45RPM pressing of King Gizzard's Polygondwanaland is now LIVE

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MrRom92, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and support shown in the other thread, located here! That thread will be continually updated with official news pertaining to Aural Pleasure Records.
    This thread is intended for discussion on this particular release.
    The Kickstarter may be viewed here.

[​IMG]

The campaign will be running until January 4th, 2018. The excitement is real! :shtiphat:

hvbias, Strat-Mangler and ssmith3046 like this.
  2. MrRom92

Just wanted to let everyone know - the first backer update has been posted this morning and can be viewed here. I’ll quote it down below as well. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a good Black Friday!

[​IMG]

3. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Good luck to you! Hope the forum will back you up on this.

MrRom92 likes this.
  4. MrRom92

The second backer update has been posted as well and can be viewed here. I’ll quote it below as well. Thanks so much to everyone for pushing the campaign past the 50% mark so quickly!

inaptitude likes this.
  5. MrRom92

Wow. The Kickstarter campaign is now officially past the 100% mark - this is HAPPENING! So many thanks to everyone who contributed :) the latest backer update can be read here, and will be quoted below as well.

Tommyboy and POGunter like this.
  6. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

What plant are you pressing it at?

7. MrRom92

The records will be mastered at Sterling Sound (NYC), plated at Welcome to 1979 (Nashville, TN) and pressed at GZ Media in the Czech Republic as I’ve been extremely pleased with the quality of their pressings, especially for special colored vinyl blends and effects like the ones that will be employed for the 2 main variants of this record

8. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

So cool, both the King Gizzard records and your venture!
    BTW, will these King Gizzard records of yours have inserts/booklets?

9. MrRom92

Thanks bud! I did consider including inserts at one point, but I also considered the fact that as a gatefold jacket there’s already going to be much more room for printing stuff than would be found in a typical 1LP pressing. So I will find a way to effectively make use of that space so that it feels like a complete package - I don’t think anyone will be missing inserts/printed sleeves at that point.

10. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Yeah, you're right; with two sleeves and a gatefold, that's 6 potential "pages" of stuff already.

MrRom92 likes this.
  11. MrRom92

Just to clarify, the sleeves will be black polylined, so no printing but still a very nice visual appeal to them :)

12. POGunter

POGunter Forum Resident

Glad it is going well. Looking forward to hearing/seeing the results of all your effort.

MrRom92 likes this.
  13. MrRom92

Thanks mate! I didn’t want to take over the dedicated thread for the band, but I figured I’d give everyone following that discussion a general heads-up that it’s definitely happening. I’ll continue to provide updates on the project both here and at the dedicated thread for the label :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  14. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I'm in.

MrRom92 likes this.
  15. MrRom92

Hey everyone! Just figured I’d give a heads up here on the current status of the project :)

The latest backer update (12/22) has been posted and can be read here, but I’ll also quote it below for your convenience!

Plan9 likes this.
  16. MrRom92

Just a quick update - all copies of the album are now sold out. Fret not though! Pledges will still be accepted for the remainder of the campaign. A new 10 Mystery LP reward has been added for those who still wish to show their support for the new label and help bring future releases to market. Thanks so much to everyone who helped make this campaign such a great success! :)

17. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Wow, nice work. Too bad there weren't more stretch goals. Any estimate as to when these will be cut?

MrRom92 likes this.
  18. MrRom92

Thanks bud! I didn’t think it wise to add too much more to the production costs as they basically already cost more per unit to manufacture than they were actually being sold for - it was those higher reward tiers and bundles that really made these extra-deluxe upgrades possible!

No date officially scheduled for the session just yet, but I’m looking to book their soonest available opening which will likely be at the end of January, early Feb. the latest. I’ll make another update when that’s all set up, and the whole process will of course be verrrrry well documented :)

POGunter, lpfreak1170 and musictoad like this.
  19. POGunter

POGunter Forum Resident

It is obvious you are putting a lot attention to detail into your first product. Glad it is going so well. No worries on deadlines from my side. It takes a lot to put all this together. And...Looking good so far.

MrRom92 likes this.
  20. MrRom92

Hey everyone - A new backer update went up last night, which can be read here. You can find the entire update quoted below as well!

21. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Any room for another backer?

MrRom92 likes this.
  22. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Looking forward to this! Any ETA on when they'll be ready to ship out?

MrRom92 likes this.
  23. MrRom92

Hey all! I’ve been posting more at the thread dedicated to the label since it seems to be getting more attention/engagement than this one, but between these two threads I’ve been occasionally sharing the updates posted to the Kickstarter page - that is the best place to stay tuned in to in order to get the most up to date info on what’s going on, or when copies from canceled orders might become available, etc.

Right now I’m currently awaiting the test pressings. Getting the plates to the plant took a little longer than anticipated, but nothing too bad in the grand scheme of things. I might just slightly miss the initially proposed date of Q1 2018 as to when I might have these in hand, but once the test pressings are approved I’ll have a much better estimate of how long things should take from that point :)

nosliw and slop101 like this.
  24. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Cool. Better to get things right than to rush them out before they're ready.

25. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Is GZ pressing your album?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.