The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful (LP5)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DorothyV, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

I really did not care for Battle Born. It just felt like product... not cohesive. However, I did love a couple of the tracks you mention though. Flesh and Bone and Be Still...(very pretty song)

2. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

This would be how I rank the albums (maybe Sam's Town in the top spot). The first two were great albums... it has been pretty downhill since then... I am in wait and see mode for this record.

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  3. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Sam's Town is probably my favorite... what is not to like?

4. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

I'm not sure but most reviewers and fans I know panned it. I love it.

No Bull likes this.
  5. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

Any more observations on audio quality between the CD and the VINYL

also looks like the Deluxe version of the album will be released soon? On 2 LP edition.

Curious if Amazon will end up stocking it or if it will just be a Killers online store item.

ALSO It looks like Day & Age is getting a new pressing for release this Friday Dec 15th! Would love to hear feedback on the quality of it also.

QueenVault likes this.
  6. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

I picked up Day & Age LP at my local Barnes & Noble today. They emailed non members 25% coupons last couple of days so took advantage was 24.99 minus 25% off. Not bad.
    I’ve never heard the original vinyl before so I can’t compare it to anything.... hopefully it has better dynamic range than the CD and I had heard rumblings that some weren’t happy with the original Day & Age pressing so fingers crossed this is better.

Barnes & Noble also had new release of Direct Hits 2 LP set.

John Adam likes this.
  7. kannibal

kannibal Forum Resident

I’m interested in the new Sam’s Town pressing. Any info (plant, cutting engineer, etc) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Porkpie likes this.
  8. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Anyone picked up Sam’s Town reissue on vinyl and able to comment on it?

9. OldJohnRobertson

OldJohnRobertson Martyr for Even Less

I don't have the reissue, but I have the original 2006 US picture disc and that one sounds fantastic!

10. friendofafriend

friendofafriend Forum Resident

Any thoughts on the newly announced vinyl box from The Killers? My thoughts are these:

I love the box art, and I'd love to have Live From The Royal Albert Hall on vinyl. However, on the other hand, I already own all of the other albums in the box on vinyl, and I assume these sound the same (which I would summarize in general as decent but not great), so I'm hesitant to pre-order this box. I guess, except for my red vinyl Battle Born, my current copies are all black, so I could order the collectors version of the box that has clear vinyl and at least the color of each album would be new to me.

Also, I'm surprised that Direct Hits is not included in this box because now you buy this, and you still have to buy Direct Hits separately if you want to have that and it has the two songs that weren't on any album, so it seems to me that they should have just included Direct Hits also in this box.

Mark

11. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

They should have included the Deluxe edition Double LP in the box set but Ive heard Hot Fuss sounds bad on vinyl. No intention of buying the box set. Still need to pick up Battle Born which I liked but some have noted audio imperfections on the vinyl, but believe has better dynamic range than the CD.

12. Havoc

Havoc Forum Resident

I think the new album is fantastic but then again, I'm a huge fan. Not sure what's going on with the members. Very odd.

13. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

A real shame about the timing of the box set.
    I’ve got everything except the new album on CD. I’ve wanted to get my hands on Day & Age and Sam’s Town on vinyl for a year or so.
    If I hadn’t have bought those 2 when rereleased on vinyl a few months ago I would have traded up to the box set. I can’t justify duplicating stuff so quickly.
    Gutted as the set looks great except for direct hits missing. It would have been a nice touch to add it or an extra 12” record with those extra tracks from the compilation

JackDVD78 likes this.
  14. Havoc

Havoc Forum Resident

Well, owning no Killers vinyl myself, I guess this is an auto purchase. :goodie:

15. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

I agree it was wrong of The Killers to re-issue many of their LPs months back only to drop this box set. They should have halted the vinyl re-issues and announced this set first.

Markyp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.