The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society - 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Now Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Glass Candy

Glass Candy Forum Resident

He has said it is a different source for the album itself.

C6H12O6 likes this.
  2. Dante Fontana

Dante Fontana Forum Resident

Been waiting a long time for something like this.

wavethatflag likes this.
  3. Found a generation better of Some of the regular tracks

C6H12O6 and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  4. blaken123

blaken123 Your Greater Tri-County CD Superstore

This just in: additional compression and bass have also been discovered for this reissue!

5. Haha! This would apply to most reissues! Since it's a Kevin Gray mastering, though, I imagine it won't have any of that.

Very exciting news!

6. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Curious if it means a second Kevin Gray mono cut.

nfmboss666 likes this.
  7. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident

Kevin Gray is the guy for this job

8. SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz Forum Resident

I've already got the mono Kevin Gray cut from 2 years ago.... is that chopped liver now?

nfmboss666 and Ignatius like this.
  9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

More like refried beans ... ;)

10. So what generation was used before on these tracks, and what generation is it now. If it's going from, say, 4th gen to 3rd, I'm really not interested in re-buying this set.

john lennonist and Tommyboy like this.
  11. That’s a great one. I bet most people wouldn’t even hear the difference however even though I have several copies I’m in for the deluxe set.

12. blaken123

blaken123 Your Greater Tri-County CD Superstore

If he produces a redbook CD set that has equal or higher DR numbers than the old CDs (about 13) I'll buy two copies!

13. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

Wow... Further down the thread on his Facebook page, Liberty Devitto (yes, Liberty Devitto) pops up and asks Sandoval, "where can I buy that Nilsson box set that you put together?" and Sandoval replies, "that Nilsson box set that I played for you, still hasn't come out yet, actually."

:-popcorn:

14. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I hope the bonus tracks appear on vinyl, I couldn't care less about CDs. I would love to see an AAA reproduction of Four More Respected Gentleman, or a more comprehensive compilation of Village Green tracks than the Great Lost Kinks Album.

15. :crazy:

16. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

i have the three cd set ... i'm not sure the 5 cd set would be something i need ...

tspit74 and john lennonist like this.
  17. strifeknot

strifeknot Senior Member

The mastering will likely be more important than the source tapes. Gray will almost certainly deliver something more dynamic and with better EQ than we've gotten on other digital versions.

Shawn likes this.
  18. Agreed, but if they're touting 'lower generation tapes' it would be nice if they said exactly how much lower - it could really be a moot point if it's from 4th gen to 3rd, but a big point if it's from 4th to 1st. But yes, a nice non-compressed mastering (or at least no more than what's on the original UK LP) would be most welcome!

EVOLVIST likes this.
  19. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Silly me thinking the 3CD Special Deluxe edition would be the last time I bought this one.

20. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

It's funny how these things are "found" when there is a new release upcoming. I have about 7 different versions. I am unlikely to fork out for another one.

art, tedg65 and tspit74 like this.
  21. zwolo

zwolo Forum Resident

is it wrong just to say I CANNOT WAIT for this just to keep it high in the forum and get other people's thoughts on what's going to materialize? holy crap one of the best ever. I knew being born in 68 would coincide with real great 50th anniversaries such a pivotal year (oct 4th btw paul alone in studio recording Martha my dear)

22. Benn Kempster

Benn Kempster Who else?

I'd like to think that it'll also be a nudge in the right direction for a 50th(ish) anniversary release of The Who Sell Out to follow on from the success of Live At The Fillmore. Both TKATVGPS and TWSO are quintessential little pieces of British beauty and are perfect bookends for the contents of each band's work from around 1968.

Not sure that the wife would be overly impressed, but, hey........

23. When do they ever say what gen it is, though, unless it's 1st gen, with big exclamation points!!!!!

At least I've never read release packages stating, "We're very excited to have found lower generation master tapes, so now, for the first time, you can hear these 3rd gen master tapes in all their glory!"

Shaddam IV and Shawn like this.
  24. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Is there a link to pre-order the 5-CD set?

25. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

I don't think there has even been any kind official announcement yet, but I could be wrong on that.

wavethatflag likes this.