The KLF

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by enfield, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Does "leave This Body' have any context to the rest of the song lyrics/film?
    I'd probably have to write down the lyrics

2. acetboy

acetboy Forum Resident

It's what takes it out of the ordinary and into sublime extraordinary.

c-eling likes this.
  3. bunglejerry

bunglejerry Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure the extent of the lyrical depth is "old TV shows and Australian references".

c-eling likes this.
  4. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

It is on you tube

5. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

:laugh: I realize that, believe me I'm a huge Cocteau Twins fan :D

6. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

"I am aware of a film that has been edited out of old bits of our stuff has been put up on Vimeo and You Tube, but it has nothing to do with us. We also understand that there are two documentaries being made about The KLF; both of these are nothing to do with us. Jimmy and I have always remained very close but we have no plans to reform The KLF or exploit our back catalogue in any way"

The KLF Return - Not »

drasil likes this.
  7. iainoco

iainoco Forum Resident

8. powissquare

powissquare Forum Resident

9. bunglejerry

Hope it's better than "***K the Millennium".

Hope it's The Black Room, actually.

It's probably a non-musical thing...

Klassik and dobyblue like this.
  10. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

I'm sure these guys are quite annoyed with the smogsabord of stories in wildly varying degrees of TOTAL inaccuracy. The worst is the Gigwise item (don't look for it unless you want to ejaculate 'Hot dang, I need to lock a glock!'). The 'journalist' there needs the kind of therapy that only a Scientology 'externalising' procedure can provide.
    I guess it's a legacy of their confusing modus operandi but I'm 23% uncertain this has been a scam (in the sense that was once attached to that word in KLF times of 'a jolly jape' not the current sense of 'terrorist attack') by fans wishing they'd reform and deciding to actuate that wish with a background of Jimmy having just finished a tour and Bill having just 'finished' a website. (Not that a single item has noted that because not a single writer has done more than a google for 'KLF' in preparing their text)

It appears from my reading that none of the 'official sources' are official and Drummond's responsive 'nothing to do with us' is his genuine statement. Of course, this has been reincorporated as 'Haha. Bill's funny!'
    A closer look at the tweets, for example, against the recent online 'pre-reformation news' from the pair's respective lives online shows gratuitous, unimaginative cobbling.

Of course this itself is a suspect posting etc etc.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  11. Klassik

Those are the lyrics but in the spirit of 'get you ready for my body gun' versus 'get you ready for my polygon', we can probably adopt the new version going forward in order to vary the flavour of profundity that has been attached to Kylie Said To Jason to mediate its utter awfulness (the Stock Aiken and Waterman record Stock Aiken and Waterman didn't dare make).
    I do love the b-sides though

12. bunglejerry

It's probably my favourite Bill-sung song.

Gems-A-Bems likes this.
  13. Klassik

I've tried but I can't pretend that an attempt to make chart-dross was other than what it was intended, much as people have been trying for decades to incorporate KSTJ into something like their appropriation of Robert Anton Wilson's Illuminatus! mytho-system.
    That said, I can on occasion enjoy it. No wait. I'm lying. :p
    I always skip to America No More

14. Klassik

That's an essay I'd love to read.

15. bunglejerry

So presumably you feel the same way about "Doctorin' the Tardis", then. I quite like DTT despite the cynicism that went into its making. I mean, cynicism is pretty much central to the whole KLF deal.

drasil and kendo like this.
  16. kendo

kendo Forum Resident

Listening to a 24-bit version of "Chill Out" just now and very good it is, too . :)

17. irwin69

irwin69 Forum Resident

'2017 What The **** Is Going On' T-shirts would sell pretty well...

Maurice likes this.
  18. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

Just as good as the pudding supper from the Lincrest Diner?

kendo likes this.
  19. Gems-A-Bems

Where did that come from?

20. kendo

kendo Forum Resident

It was an...err...Kopyright Liberation type of scenario. :shh:

21. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

I'm reading "Playing The Bass With 3 Left Hands" by Will Carruthers.
    He says Drummond arranged an Echo and the Bunnymen tour of the Hebrides in the shape on a rabbits ears.
    Is this true? I'm hoping!

22. bunglejerry

Certainly is. And there's the whole "ley lines" piece of madness as well. From some random website which I believe is partially factually incorrect:

Drummond became obsessed with ley lines whilst living in Liverpool and believed that there was a cosmic line of energy descended from space that bounced off Iceland, before being channeled down Mathew Street in Merseyside, through a manhole, and then exited Earth via Papua New Guinea. He tested this theory by getting Echo And The Bunnymen to play in Reykjavik whilst he stood on the manhole cover. Nothing happened. At least he tried.

oldturkey likes this.
  23. Gems-A-Bems

I think D. mentions this in his book 45...?

Klassik likes this.
  24. Gems-A-Bems

I meant in a provenance type of way. Upsampled?

kendo likes this.
  25. kendo

kendo Forum Resident

I'm not sure of it's provenance Gems-A-Bems. It doesn't sound like a vinyl rip (unless it's had some treatment) as there's no surface noise apparent. Neither does it sound like it's been upsampled as in my (limited) experience that process just does not sound right, whereas this does.
    Anyhoo, Googling doesn't shed any light on this version, so a bit of a mystery I'm afraid. :)

Gems-A-Bems likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.