The KLF

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by enfield, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Found this at a local used CD shop today...

The KLF - What Time Is Love? (Live At Trancentral)

Not sure if it's anything worthwhile or not, but I picked it up anyway... KLF discs seem to be pretty rare, so I want to get my hands on whatever ones I can find! ;)

Front 242 Addict and c-eling like this.
  3. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I happened to find another rare KLF disc in the used bins this week! :)

Another local used-CD shop had something showing up as in-stock on their website, listed as "Justified & Ancient EP4".
    I assumed it was likely just one of the variations of this EP: The KLF - Justified & Ancient
    ...which didn't excite me too much, since I already have all those tracks elsewhere.

But I decided to go to the store in person and check it out anyway. Turns out, they had the wrong title listed on their website!
    The disc was actually this EP: The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu - It's Grim Up North
    ...which I didn't own yet! Score! :)

4. hutchenstance

hutchenstance Well-Known Member

I'm also in the Chill Out is a masterpiece camp.. i just wish they would reissue it on cd and lp...it is impossible to acquire at this point and i lost my cd copy a while back

5. bunglejerry

bunglejerry Forum Resident

Brilliant song. There's an earlier version out there with Pete Wylie of WAH! on vocals, but Bill's megaphone-performance has him beat. There was a brief time when The Black Room was intended to be an album full of songs that sounded like IGUN (before it transformed into a hardcore album). I'd love to have heard that.

6. mjb5310

mjb5310 Forum Resident

`
    Mu Year | Cube Blog may confirm that.

Klassik likes this.
  7. CrystalCore

CrystalCore Forum Resident

The KLF album that needs to be reissued, without a doubt, is "Space."

Space (3) - Space

8. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

I'm really happy I found it a couple of weeks ago (on Record Store Day :) ) in a used record store. Though a bit more expensive than other used CDs the price was very reasonable. Glad I now have it in my collection. It is a really nice ambient record.

Front 242 Addict likes this.
  9. bunglejerry

Well, it'd be nice if any of them were! But I agree. When I first heard Space, I kind of wrote it off with the conventional wisdom of "It's half-finished outtakes from the Orb's debut." Jimmy himself has disparaged the album (though what hasn't he?), but it's a great listen: really serene, really evocative of being adrift in the universe. It's not really half-finished at all, and extra layers or beats would have drowned out its subtleties. It's really nice. And again a reminder of how much there is to appreciate in the dusty corners of the KLF vault, outside of the "main" releases.

Kin to Space is the KLF "remix" (ahem) of the Pet Shop Boys' "It Must be Obvious." Track it down.

hutlock likes this.
  10. Front 242 Addict

Front 242 Addict I Love Physical format for my listening pleasure

A few years ago I was lucky to get the KLF- Chill Out cd US version at cheap price at one of my second hand cds local stores, If I translate into Euro it cost me 15 Euro,
    the album is a masterpiece , the music is beautiful and mesmerizing

Published at March 6 2017:
    Something is happening on August 23.

The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu – formerly known as The KLF – have announced a mystery event that will happen this summer in Liverpool.
    The KLF announce mystery summer event in Liverpool

11. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

Yeah. Happy to own the Chill Out CD. (I'm a massif The Orb fan-boy. Have practically everything from the 90's era.) It is nuts what they go for now on ebay, etc.
    The rest of their catalog is a bit meh, imho. They come off as an Art of Noise lite most of the time.

12. CrystalCore

CrystalCore Forum Resident

13. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

14. Reamonnt

Reamonnt Mr.T

The yellow covered KLF book arrived today so holiday reading sorted. I have had a copy on cd of chill out for maybe 15 years but examining it closely it appears to be a well done bootleg. The sound is great but cd has no matrix numbers on it and is bronze coloured. There is even a klf sticker on jewel case!

15. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

No entry on discogs.com?

16. Reamonnt

Reamonnt Mr.T

I checked again and there are some bronze coloured ones on discogs that look like mine. The only number on the cd inner ring is 534504216497 B1.
    It is also numbered TVT 7155-2 on the cd face. Maybe its not official but the sound quality is very good.

cubbykat likes this.
  17. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member

Would August 23, 2017 be 23 years, 23 months & 23 days after the KLF's retirement?

There's a full eclipse happening a few days later, let's see if the KLF take credit for it!

I've been enjoying the TOTPs videos on YouTube, what fun!!

18. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu (KLF), Bold Street, Liverpool, 12:00:23am, 23 August 2017

[​IMG]

Bolero, elvotix, Craig and 4 others like this.
  19. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Make mine a 99!

20. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Where did they dump the dead sheep?

Craig and rediffusion like this.
  21. bunglejerry

Chapter One of the new book.

I gotta admit, the many things I love Bill Drummond for don't really include his prose writing. I tried "Bad Wisdom" and couldn't get more than a few pages in. "The Manual" is cuter in principle than in execution. I've never read "33" or "45", but I'm not especially psyched for a new book.

Give us new music, damn it.

22. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

I *still* love and play that song. It was three minutes of madness and bliss.

Exit Flagger and Chris DeVoe like this.
  23. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

When this thread popped back up, I had to find my post and play that video.

24. wallpaperman

wallpaperman Forum Resident

There was a three minute or so piece on them on BBC breakfast time this morning, not sure if it's online anywhere.

The BBC had a camera and reporter at the midnight ice cream van parade and there was a bookshop signing. I couldn't believe it but they had this big list of 'don't's' when approaching them with the book, such as not asking them any questions, no hugs, no selfies (fair enough) and other things I can't remember.

They also didn't seem to be actually signing the book, but stamping it.

With all these rules and things my thought was what a bunch of old pretentious twats. They have every right to be, of course, it's just that no one really gives a toss about you any more other than a presumably small faithful fan base, you might have indulged in a little chat with them.

Robert C likes this.
  25. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I don't know why they wouldn't sign the book, I have many pieces of Jimmy Cauty's artwork that is hand signed. As you say, just pretentious.......

portlandjulian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.