The Last Man On Earth (TV series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Did anyone notice the continuity problem in the last episode? Tandy has half his hair cut off when he sees his brother at first. Then we see him clean shaven and his head shaved. Then it goes back to half hair and beard the rest of the episode. Unless it was a flashback, it was a continuity error. I’ll watch it again and see.

2. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

It was a flashback.

rburly likes this.
  3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I have been watching this show since the beginning, but I am having a hard time getting through the episodes - it really, to me, isn't funny and has lost it's way. Not sure how long I can maintain watching.

4. rburly

The thread of these being the last people on earth has maintained. The show meanders admittedly. For me, the actors are the shows attraction. Forte’s silliness is too much at times too. Actually, I had forgotten about the show was still on. I had to binge watch the current season. It won’t last more than another season, if it’s renewed imo.

5. amoergosum

...apparently the show just got cancelled:

[​IMG]

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Boo. But I enjoyed the run.

rburly and Marry a Carrot like this.
  7. That sucks. I really enjoyed it.

Marry a Carrot likes this.
  8. And I just realized that now we'll never know who all those people are!

9. rburly

The last episode was a good one. I ,thought it would be a good way to end the season, not the show. Oh well, it was a good run.

10. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

The new people realize Tandy and company have to be killed because they might be virus carriers. After an episode or two of various shenanigans, including a lot of "oh farts" comments, Tandy has a great idea to retreat to their former abode where they put corpses with guns in windows, behind bushes, etc. to scare off the encroaching mob. It works for a while until Tandy and Todd do some sort of "Weekend at Bernie's" stunt with some of the corpses and their (the corpses) heads fall off. "Oh farts!" They make a bee-line for their yacht - miraculously fully gassed up with the gas that was supposed to go bad a couple years earlier - picking up Jasper on the way, and zoom off. Safe at last! But alas they are again lost on the high seas! "Oh farts!" They end up shipwrecked on an island! "Oh farts!" Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale . . . They get settled in, spending the rest of the season eating coconut cream pies laced with crickets, trying to get off the island with more of the same who's pregnant now stuff and Tandy being Gilligan and frustrating every chance they have to get rescued. In the last episode, a boat pulls up on shore. It's Fox programming executives! Ok guys, now you're really canceled. "Oh farts!"

Lonson likes this.
  11. This is why I hate Fox. Allowing a series to end on a cliffhanger when the network could have allow a couple more to close it off as a special limited series would have been preferable nd the right thing to do but this is Fox after all.

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

List the shows on any major network that have been allowed to come back for an episode or two to wrap things up...Doesn't happen--don't single out Fox.

There are outliers, like The Killing getting picked up by Netflix for a limited wrap-up run. But that wasn't on a major network to begin with.

13. Years ago that might have been true however generally for shows of this sort, they have at least given enough of a heads in so they could at least provide s Me closure for a show particular a series that has run for four seasons.

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I agree with you that it would be nice to get closure on shows you like. I'm still waiting for that next season of Deadwood, for instance.

wayneklein likes this.
  15. amoergosum

16. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'm sorta glad to get it out of my "life" now; as Tandy began getting farther-and-farther out-there, it just made me uncomfortable, as opposed to giddy with his shenanigans. Pretty-sure any of us could make a good guess as to how long a person like this in real life, would have been beaten within an inch of his life, then shot dead just for the cathartic relief. Oh yeah, I get the irony of the idea that "these people" would end up being the last best hope for mankind. But the further we went along, I saw the mysteries of "who's that", and "what's his deal" becoming the more compelling aspect of the storyline. Other than that, pure irritation whenever the cast had anything to do with the plot; not a great recipe for a successful evenings' entertainment, IMHO.

17. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Meh ... I watched the season finale last night, and today the show gets cancelled. And that may be for the best; it was meandering around plot-wise. What was the point of the Jasper character, for example? Dunno if I'd cry into my cornflakes if the show is not picked up again.

--Geoff

18. amoergosum

This season the writers even made him kiss Todd on the mouth several times, pat him on the butt and sniff his hands afterwards.

Out of character...just weird.

19. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

My wife and I stuck with this show through its ups and downs. We hope somebody picks it up and concludes it. Fox was always the wrong network for a show like this.

20. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

According to comingsoon.net, Fox is also canceling Brooklyn 99 and The Mick. So, any live action show I enjoyed on Fox is getting the ax. If their report is true.

21. rburly

It’s true. It’s looking like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Mick (cancelled also) and Last Man might make on Hulu. I’m hoping it happens.

Pinknik likes this.
  22. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I love The Mick and Last Man on Earth. F you, Fox.

23. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I can't imagine the version of Always Sunny in Philadelphia they're canceling these shows to make room for :doh: ...but, you know it's gotta be something daring and brilliant...like a clone of Roseanna, or the characters of Gotham judging singing competitions...:faint:

wayneklein likes this.
  24. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Those people in the masks were the Fox execs coming to kill the characters off.

I'm kind of sad that it's cancelled, but this last season was kind of meh. I preferred when it wasn't a straight up sitcom, when there was some actual plot developments to keep things interesting.

I also enjoyed The Mick, though I wasn't surprised it was cancelled.

wayneklein likes this.
  25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The Mick? Sad. Still funny and didn't get a chance to outlive it's welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.