The Last Man On Earth (TV series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I can think of plenty of explanations for the lack of bodies, but really, does it matter?

chacha and rburly like this.
  2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I rewatched the first couple of episodes with my daughter. It's clear this was filmed in the West Valley (San Fernando Valley), near LA. I recognized Canoga Park Bowl (where he's bowling fishtanks in the parking lot), The Fields Market shopping area (Winnetka & Saticoy in Canoga Park) and what appeared to be the parking garage at Topanga Plaza (Woodland Hills). A bit surprising: They usually don't do so much on location exterior shooting in the West Valley...

3. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Maybe they're building up to some kind of punchline about it taking place in Arizona, because I can't understand why else they wouldn't just have it take place in the San Fernando Valley if they're going to film everything there.

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  4. DreadPikathulhu

Makes sense to me. Arizona would be the last place I'd live if I didn't have electricity or water. I'd probably head for someplace along the California coast.

5. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Because that's what you want in a sitcom, piles of decomposing bodies.

Chad

Maseman66, rburly and Ed Hughes like this.
  6. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yeah exactly. He's obviously been all over the country. Why isn't he chilling on the beach somewhere in California?? I'll take beachfront property in a mild climate like Los Angeles over a McMansion in Tuscon any day.

nbakid2000 likes this.
  7. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

It's quite simple really. These guys showed up with a fleet of refrigerated spec ships and voila--no more bodies.

[​IMG]

progrocker71 likes this.
  9. thestereofan

thestereofan Senior Member

he is the last man on earth, where are all the bodies or bones or skeletons? no cars piled up in the streets. come on, this isn't leave it to beaver here. 5 billion people died and you can't just ignore that. he doesn't even go and look for his family? that is what I would do first, no matter where they were, not talk to tennis balls.

10. DreadPikathulhu

Leave it to Beaver wasn't very realistic, either. I've never figured out how Mrs. Cleaver was able to keep the house so clean when she was always wearing a dress, heels and pearls.

Complier and Ed Hughes like this.
  11. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I think comedies might not be your thing....

tcj, Bender Rodriguez, Dan C and 9 others like this.
  12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Well first off, Bill is not exactly. . . an intelligent being. And we don't really know exactly all he did before we first encounter him. He did drive around and leave the message about Tucson, one can assume he looked for survivors and especially family before we meet him, and that he finally gave up on all that.

13. thestereofan

I love comedies, lots of box sets. But this one left me cold, although Omega Man scared me to death in 1971, no bodies there but no laughs either. Unless you think mutants are funny.

14. thestereofan

Oh ok. Why do the dumb survive anyway? I thought it was survival of the fittest. Got to exercise more and go back to night school.

15. thestereofan

I would camp out in Johnny Carson's old house in Malibu. Said to be one of the most amazing homes in the world.

16. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

WTF is wrong some of y'all? If you have to nitpick about the realisticness of a comedy you probably should find something else to watch.

vegafleet, rebellovw, tcj and 6 others like this.
  17. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

This show is worth watching just for Kristen Schall alone. She is comedy gold.

Galley, kevywevy, Dan C and 5 others like this.
  18. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

That made me laugh. Thanks for posting.

19. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

Deleted scene (episode 4):

20. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I had that same dream. :winkgrin:

DLant likes this.
  21. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I love this show!! Can't believe I missed this thread, was about to start one and did a search.

The pilot is one of the best comedy pilots ever, IMHO. It's hard for the rest of the series to live up to exactly that, but they've still managed to create a very funny and sometimes insightful show about relationships. I have no idea what the ratings are like, but I'm not optimistic about it surviving more than a season. Hope I'm wrong. Been a fan of Will Forte for years now. Great mind.

dan c

Bender Rodriguez and amoergosum like this.
  22. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

If they continue at this pace, Tucson is going to be completely re-populated soon.

I don't really care about the title of the show being literally true. To me it's just a jumping off point. But I would have enjoyed a few more episodes of just Phil and Carol. Then introduce Melissa and have it be just the three of them for a while. Then introduce Todd maybe in the last moments of the season finale. I think it's moving a little too fast in that sense and they are missing opportunities to explore the character interactions more deeply.

Bender Rodriguez and amoergosum like this.
  23. I agree but the first page of this thread has some "how can they make a series out of this?" posts. I'm guessing the producers decided they had to let us know very early on that the show is going to have more than one or two people in it.

DLant likes this.
  24. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Video says 'private' now. :shake:

dan c

25. DreadPikathulhu

The dunk tank was hilarious.

Dan C, Scotian and DLant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.