The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. longdist01

longdist01 Forum Resident

Praying with Lior (2007)

2. longdist01

Barry Lyndon (Criterion Blu-ray)

Ronm1 and Papageno like this.
  3. schugh

schugh Well-Known Member

Runaway Train

4. C4rl

C4rl Well-Known Member

A Man Called Ove” a darkly comic Scandi film about a grumpy old mans sheltered life being upset, sometimes comically sometimes movingly. 8/10

longdist01 likes this.
  5. Papageno

Papageno Member

Solaris (The Criterion Collection)

[​IMG]

Ground control has been receiving mysterious transmissions from the three remaining residents of the Solaris space station. When cosmonaut and psychologist Kris Kelvin is dispatched to investigate, he experiences the same strange phenomena that afflict the Solaris crew, sending him on a voyage into the darkest recesses of his consciousness. With Solaris, the legendary Russian filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky created a brilliantly original science-fiction epic that challenges our conceptions about love, truth, and humanity itself.

This one is a little bit strange but good, it challenges you like many of todays sci-fi films doesn't.

longdist01 likes this.
  6. beat_truck

beat_truck Member

Knightriders (1981)
    Sort of George Romero's combination of King Arthur and Easy Rider. Strange and a little longer than it needed to be, but not bad. Kind of neat to see all of the different actors from Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Martin etc in one movie. It even had a cameo of Stephen King and his wife.

Ronm1 likes this.
  7. Microwave Massacre

It’s a “comedy”? The lead is Jackie Vernon who was the voice of Frosty the Snowman. Oh, the things I’ve seen Frosty do.

8. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Citizen Jane
    Learned a lot from this one about how 'a city' operates--not the government, but the way the buildings, people, streets, etc all add up to become a city

Really interesting! Complete with a hero and a villain.

9. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Forum Resident

10. beat_truck

beat_truck Member

Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter (1966)

Jimmy B. likes this.
  11. steveharris

steveharris Forum Resident

Gladiator
    War For Planet Of The Apes
    Something else wich I forget the title of.

12. mBen989

mBen989 Forum Resident

The Abyss (Special Edition, of course)

[​IMG] (the original poster kind of stinks, don't it?)

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

A Holiday To Remember
    [​IMG]

14. keefer1970

keefer1970 Forum Resident

Furious 7 (2015)
    Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and the rest of the street-racing gang are targeted by bad guy Jason Statham. Cars crash, bullets fly, tough guys beat the crap out of each other, stuff blows up. I've only seen one other "Fast & Furious" installment (I'm not even sure which one!) but this was silly fun.

Get Out (2017)
    An African-American man and his white girlfriend spend a weekend at her parents' estate. Though our hero expected an awkward, "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" type scenario, he soon learns that there's something even more sinister going on behind the scenes of the ol' homestead. This one sucks you right in and maintains an unsettling feeling of dread throughout. Good stuff.

15. keefer1970

keefer1970 Forum Resident

"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969)
    James Bond travels to the Swiss Alps, romances a countess and battles Blofeld's plot to commit worldwide germ warfare via a squadron of specially-trained ladies he calls his "Angels of Death."
    George Lazenby's first and only spin as the "new" 007 is a mixed bag; the action sequences are great but the leading man's near-total lack of acting experience keeps it from making the leap into top-tier Bond.
    If Lazenby had stuck around he might have developed into a decent 007; unfortunately he followed the dubious advice of his manager, who told him the Bond character would be 'passe' in the 1970s -- so he turned down a multi-picture contract and went straight into the "Where Are They Now" file. Great career move there, George!

lance b, Mylene and Ronm1 like this.
  16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Forum Resident

17. sgb

sgb Forum Resident

Idiocracy two hours ago. About as bad as the first time I saw it, but I picked up on a couple inside jokes I missed then.

18. Michael

yea...the future...prophetic...: )

19. Michael

The Gazebo

20. longdist01

rewatch over the weekend

A Shot In The Dark (Blu-ray)

Jimmy B. likes this.
  21. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

About to watch this in a few. My former co-worker raved about it and I finally picked up a copy. Nothing but positive reactions about it on this forum so I'm psyched.

jhm likes this.
  22. Standoffish

Standoffish Forum Resident

Cyborg (1989)

I love this Jean-Claude Van Damme movie - call it a guilty pleasure. It's got it all: a dystopian future, cool-looking villain, dated 80s synth score, and JCVD literally being crucified.

Bonus: the villain's name is Fender Tremelo.

23. Michael

24. whaleyboy

whaleyboy Forum Resident

Fantastic, I hope that you enjoy!