The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. noname74

noname74 We The North.

To Live & Die In LA (Shout Factory Blu)

2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I was watching this documentary about the band Chicago on Netflix and was wondering if it is the same CNN one.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Journey Back To Christmas...I adore this Christmas time travel movie.

4. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Forum Resident

This one was very different but
    I enjoyed it. I'm glad I have it in
    my collection.
    [​IMG]

5. Mylene

Mylene Forum Resident

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri (2017)

Pretty incredible and very dark but if the values reflected in this film are in any way mainstream we've reached the bottom of the slippery slope.

XTC ~ This is Pop (2017)

Doco on the Dear God band. Probably over 60% accurate. Great if you love OO/HO model trains. Highlight: Andy Partridge's childhood drawings and Colin Moulding's (who's name's NOT Partridge)uncanny resemblance to Steve Coogan

6. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

Ocean's 11, from 1960.

[​IMG]

7. M*A*S*H - Hadn't seen it in decades and came on the tube tonight. Was fun to see again!

Road Ratt likes this.
  8. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Forum Resident

Crimson Peak
    A very entertaining movie and beautifully made (cinematography, lighting, sets (real or otherwise), costumes,...). However, a predictable and routine plot, teen-movie scares and unnecessary gore. What is this fixation that Del Torro has with facial mutilation? Still, I enjoyed it despite those flaws.

9. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

"Our Man in Casablanca" (aka "The Killer Lacks a Name," 1966)
    Spanish/Italian Euro-spy fun, with American bit player Lang Jeffries as a secret agent who tangles with femme fatales and a bad guy with an electrified metal hand (!) on the trail of some stolen documents.
    As usual with these cheap 007 knockoffs, the story eventually becomes a hopeless muddle but the exotic Moroccan scenery is lovely and so is the female eye candy.

vapor minor likes this.
  10. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

It was my 10 year old son's turn to pick a movie on Netflix. This is what we got...

"Expelled" (2015)

After breaking the rules one too many times, a teenage prankster finally gets himself kicked out of school. If his parents find out, he'll be packed off to a military academy...so he embarks on a series of crazy schemes aimed at weaseling his way back in before Mom and Dad discover what's happened. Lots of hi-jinks that owe much to "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" ensue.
    If your kids have never seen "Ferris," they might get a kick out of this preteen-friendly comedy...but I felt like I was watching a cheap remake. Also, the kid in the lead role (who is apparently a YouTube star of some kind) was such a smug little prick that I found myself wishing someone would just punch him in the throat after about ten minutes. :D

In other words... if you don't have kids, there's no need to bother with this one.

11. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Forum Resident

Affliction. Nolte should won the Oscar for best actor.

12. Laurie Anderson’s HEART OF A DOG

13. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

Road Ratt likes this.
  14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The Brady Bunch Movie

15. SurrealCereal

SurrealCereal Forum Resident

The Machinist
    It is a good psychological thriller that owes a lot to David Fincher. It was pretty dark and disturbing, but also interesting. Christian Bale was great as always. It does feel a bit dated in terms of style; aesthetically, it is very late 90's/early 00's, probably due to the obvious influence of David Fincher's work from that era.

Michael likes this.
  16. RiffTrax of MIAMI CONNECTION

17. Michael

The Six Wives Of Henry LeFey

18. Michael

when I first watched this I was blown away at the level he took...very, very, scary...crazy dedication!

SurrealCereal likes this.
  19. Michael

me too...I would say everything he did fit the movie...

20. steveharris

steveharris Forum Resident

An excorsism movie called The Crucifixtion:yawn:
    Leatherface some kind of Texas Chainsaw universe spinoff :thumbsdow
    Next I`m watching another random movie with Arnold,Killing Gunther?I think the name was.
    Maybe I`ll play a record instead.

21. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Can't stop buying music.

22. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

I watched Creature from the Black Lagoon (3D blu) last night. It was fantastic.

beat_truck likes this.
  23. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

The Greatest Showman. Very good movie, although I had trouble getting used to the musical aspect of it. The fact that the musical style didn't match the time or what was going on bothered me. Not sure why, because that is common for musicals on the stage.

24. Concussion - While conducting an autopsy on former NFL football player Mike Webster (David Morse), forensic pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu (Will Smith) discovers neurological deterioration that is similar to Alzheimer's disease. Omalu names the disorder chronic traumatic encephalopathy and publishes his findings in a medical journal. As other athletes face the same diagnosis, the crusading doctor embarks on a mission to raise public awareness about the dangers of football-related head trauma.

25. SurrealCereal

SurrealCereal Forum Resident

Batman (1989)
    I haven't seen this movie in probably ten years and, upon revisiting it, I'm not sure I ever saw the whole thing until now. I enjoyed it at first, but I got pretty bored with it about halfway through. I liked the beginning, where it set itself up as a gritty crime film, but it just ended up getting sillier as it went along. I didn't find Michael Keaton interesting as Batman (especially compared to Christian Bale) and, as much as I like Jack Nicholson, he was just too much at times. That wasn't really his fault though; it was the campy writing and ridiculous makeup that grated on me more than his performance. I thought it was decent overall, but I can't see myself revisiting it.