The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. xdawg

xdawg I heard it on the X

"War For The Planet Of The Apes" on Blu-ray

Scope J and Michael like this.
  2. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

To Kill A Mockingbird, one of my favorite movies of all time, first time viewing it in HD (TV).

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

gotcha...

xdawg likes this.
  4. Claus LH

Claus LH Forum Resident

"Control" (2004, Hunter) (Netflix streaming):

Shades of the Ludovico experiment in "Clockwork Orange" as hard-core killer and sociopath (Ray Liotta) is about to be executed, but gets reprieve to take test medication to cure his 'tendencies.'
    Cast is curiously top-heavy, with Liotta (back when he had a bankable edge), Willem Dafoe as the doctor and, totally wasted in a role anyone could play, Stephen Rea as the Pharm Company Boss. Some paychecks were handed out, even if the overall budget was low (the 'corporate dinner in the hotel' sequence is pitiful to look at.)

Liotta carries the film with a performance that shows explosive rage and learned tenderness, but the script is strictly by-the-numbers 'TV simple'. Love interests, ex-wives, everything the merest sketch as the main story unfolds. It could have been a lot better.

Odd film, shot in Bulgaria, yet seemingly supposed to take place in Big Western City (until the European railroad cars show up), but nice to see Liotta doing some real work as opposed to parodying himself as he has done along the way.

5. Ron Stone

Ron Stone Offending Member

Just saw this myself. Very powerful film, emotionally draining. I'm impressed something this stark was greenlighted.

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Nice to see Wes Studi again.

I would like a Hostiles prequel.

7. harmonica98

harmonica98 Forum Resident

The Magnificent Seven (1960) on the big screen. The print had definitely seen better days but it was great to see on a large screen with other like-minded people.

PonceDeLeroy likes this.
  8. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

"Resident Evil"
    A security team has to fight its way out of a secret corporate facility crawling with zombie-fied employees and flesh munching mutations -- the result of a lab accident with a top secret virus.
    Based on the long running series of video games, this loud, chaotic slab of high tech sci-fi/horror nonsense was directed by Paul W.S. Anderson of "Event Horizon" and "Alien vs Predator" fame (and stars his wife, Milla Jovovich). It also launched an equally long running film franchise. I doubt if I'll bother to watch any of the half dozen or so sequels that have followed this one, but "Resident Evil" was an entertainingly silly time killer on a rainy day.

9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The 15:17 to Paris.

10. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Can't stop buying music.

Never get tired of this
    .[​IMG]

vapor minor and Tokyo Ghost like this.
  11. PonceDeLeroy

PonceDeLeroy Forum Resident

America, America (Elia Kazan)

12. longdist01

longdist01 Forum Resident

Doug Jones "The Great Canadian Train Ride" (2007)

13. Supernova with James Spader and Angela Bassett

14. beat_truck

beat_truck Forum Resident

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (the second in the series) isn't too awful. After that, they go downhill pretty bad. I tried to watch the newest one, and shut it off after less than 10 minutes. All CGI, non-stop slow motion super human action, no signs of any coherent story, etc. Ugh.:rolleyes:

15. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Forum Resident

I, Robot starring Will Smith. Terrible.

[​IMG]

16. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Nightmare On Elm Street - 2010.
    why did i bother? :thumbsdow

17. xdawg

xdawg I heard it on the X

"Doctor Strange" on Blu-ray

18. steveharris

steveharris Forum Resident

Atomic Blonde-A Violent British spy chick beats up men.

keefer1970 likes this.
  19. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Forum Resident

How was it? Worth seeing?

20. Scope J

Scope J Forum Resident

21. keefer1970

Yea, I've never heard anything good about the "R. Evil" sequels, but someone must have liked'em cuz they sure made a lot of'em, haha!
    My video game crazed 10 year old wanted to check the first one out, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered with it.

22. keefer1970

"Top Dog" (1995)
    A tough San Diego cop (Chuck Norris) is saddled with a scruffy new canine partner, and together the mismatched pair must solve a series of bombings. Lots of car crashes, shootouts, and explosions follow. Imagine "K-9" or "Turner & Hooch" with way more slow motion roundhouse kicking.
    This cheap looking flick tried to mesh a standard Chuck Norris butt-kicking action plot with some cute animal hi-jinks in order to pass itself off as a "family" film, but its story is too dark and violent for kids (the bad guys are home-grown Neo-Nazi terrorists!) and too silly for grown-ups.
    In a classic example of bad timing, "Top Dog" opened a week after the Oklahoma City bombing... and when it tanked, it took the remnants of Norris' declining film career with it. Fortunately he already had "Walker: Texas Ranger" up and running by the time this movie crashed and burned.

23. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot not pepsi cola, more like holy water

50 Shades Freed (2018) - the last movie, of these, that Mrs. Marmot can drag me to. This one was so bad, even she noticed it.
    The Little Hours (2017) - a movie about nuns reminiscent of that 70's Tony Curtis sex movie about the Middle Ages that had either Playboy Bunnies or Penthouse Pets in it. Pretty funny if you're under the influence of something.

24. steveharris

steveharris Forum Resident

Yes,I thought it was worth seeing.

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  25. vapor minor

vapor minor Sublime Member

The flicks I watched last week:

- Crank 1 + 2 (2006/09)
    (still as fun and hysterical as ten years ago. From two film makers who obviously take filmmaking not too seriously... refreshing.)
    - Smokey and the Bandit
    (another movie to switch off brains and have a fun ride)
    - 13 Hours
    (watched it the second time, this time with my girlfriend... and she was as impressed as I was the first time. Over 2 hours full adrenaline release... wow!)