The last movie you watched was...?? (take three)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

2. Let's kick this one off right: Glen or Glenda. Still not sure whether this is one of the worst movies of all time, or a surrealist-Dada masterpiece.

3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Tried watching The Purge once again on Blu from a Netflix rental and it will not load on my PS3. That's two different discs from Netlfix.

Anyone else have this problem?

4. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE - Kinda so-so on this. The concept for the series isn't revolutionary to me, having been a fan of BATTLE ROYALE for a decade, and the drama
    is pretty simplistic, aimed-at-teens "downtrodden masses" stuff. Thought the first film was passable, but had horrendous camerawork. The success of the first film apparently allowed for
    the purchase of tripods and a steadicam for the second entry, which is nice. Also a plus is that the titular games aren't a re-hash of what we saw in the second film, though it does take
    an hour and a half to get to them this time out. Overall I thought it was just OK, though I'm sure the jam-packed matinee crowd of book/film fans would likely disagree.

DELIVERY MAN - Vince Vaughn stars in a remake of a Canadian film from two years ago, about a man who finds his frequent donations to a sperm bank have yielded 533 kids, 100+ of
    which are now in their 20s and want to find out his identity. Really more of a drama than a comedy (and the comedic elements aren't all that funny), not bad if you like Vaughn or want
    a heartfelt date movie. Just don't expect much in the way of laughs. Bonus for me was that the playout music was T.Rex's "Light of Love", something I never thought I'd hear pumping out
    of movie theater speakers in my lifetime.

5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

"Womb" with Eva Green. Provocative, but I liked it.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

one we all hate to love...

Dudley Morris likes this.
  7. Rick H.

Rick H. Raised on AM Radio

A Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

8. Michael

years ago when my son was living home he bought this movie for us all to watch...I enjoyed it...whenever I see the title I think of him.:)
    nice memory.

Rick H. likes this.
  9. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

Man of Steel. I thought that it was an interesting take on the Superman mythos and great special effects. I still like the Christopher Reeve Superman: The Movie better, but I enjoyed it just the same.

10. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

11. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

We watched The Incredible Burt Wonderstone last night. It was OK, a few laughs here and there, good hearted, Alan Arkin was good. But what the hell, does Steve Carell have it in his contract that he'll only sign onto a comedy if his love interest is young enough to be his daughter? Is this like a thing with him or something? I leave it to my wife's better informed judgement here. "He's not sexy, and I have no interest in ever seeing him **** anyone". What's wrong with "Funnyman Steve Carell"?

12. Complier

Complier Senior Member

"Wild Strawberries"

13. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Is a little over a 20 year age difference really that shocking? Carrell is 51, Olivia Wilde is 29.

14. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I watched Catching Fire last night and enjoyed it. Big fan of the books.

Looked much better than Hunger Games I'm guessing they probably doubled the budget on this one with much better special effects especially in the arena.

I agree on Steve Carrell Seeking A Friend had Kiera Knightley...

15. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Before that it was Keira Knightley (sp). I dunno, I guess I'm not seeing enough movies where not-ugly-but-with-a-character-actor's-face women effortlessly drag men 20 years their junior into bed. Recommend me a couple so I can catch up.

16. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

This is a cliche that has been around forever in Hollywood, actors get older but their girlfriends in movies stay roughly the same age. Take a look at Love In The Afternoon (1957) which featured a 56 year old Gary Cooper romancing 28 year old Audrey Hepburn.

17. Michael

A Christmas Wish...

18. Michael

in Hollywood? normal.:D

19. Michael

that movie was friggin AWESOME and a mindblower that the lead singer was only 16! loved every second of this movie...

20. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I watched On The Road last night.

Didn't really care for it too much. Lot of big names with small parts. Lot of driving in a car. Even Kristen Stewarts topless scene was all darkened out....

Could have been a much better movie with that cast.

21. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

RED (Bruce Willis )
    passed me by first time around. Enjoyable, slick and fun.

Michael likes this.
  22. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

Watching Bullitt right now:) Love Steve McQueen so cool

Michael likes this.
  23. Michael

RED 2 is pretty good as well! almost all the same great cast! Helen, I do love her.:)

dbz likes this.
  24. Michael

yes, Steve was great! I love him in the Great Escape!

MAYBEIMAMAZED likes this.
  25. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

Watched Oh Brother where are thou with George Clooney on TV but still that was one remarkable funny and good movie in all aspects I like. Soundtrack, story telilng , atmosphere, dialogues, characters , landscape and last but not least excellent choreography. That Ku Klux Clan meeting. i first thought a gathering of blacks acting as Clan's men..lol
    Really really good and one to uplfit from whatever emotional trouble you may be plagued with - or not..
    Wonder why it is not yet considered a classic like so many others. Way better than most Tarrantino movies for example..esp the disappointing DJANGO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.