The last movie you watched was...??

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMT

JMT Senior Member

Very good movie, even my wife enjoyed it.

2. autodidact

autodidact Forum Resident

High Anxiety. Not Mel Brooks' finest moment. I wish we had watched Silent Movie instead.

3. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

"Ooooo...Xiety!" :winkgrin:

My personal favorite is History of the World, Part I. Yes, even over the more "classic" ones.

4. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

Made the effort to see this one today and glad I did. Tremendous follow-up to the underrated 'Take Shelter' from writer/director Jeff Nichols. I last saw Matthew McConaughey in 'Killer Joe' and this confirms his transformation into an excellent actor. Tye Sheridan is also superb as one of the boys. Only the disappointingly generic ending and the lack of interest in the female characters stops it from being an instant classic. Go see!

5. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I watched Ganster Squad and then Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

6. zonkaraz

zonkaraz Forum Resident

This morning I watched the late silent era film Lucky Star (1929). Starring Charles Farrell and the amazing Janet Gaynor. Those two made a great movie team.

7. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

One of my all time faves............Sargent York

8. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Ascenseur pour l'échafaud (Elevator to the Gallows) ascenseur_pour_l_echafaud2-139e8.jpg

MilesSmiles likes this.
  9. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

I watched 'Behind the Candleabra' today, parts of it are a hoot(WAYYYY over the top, just like Liberace), but very good performances by the two leads.

10. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Over the long weekend we watched "The Campaign" and "Ted" both seeming mildly amusing in the commercials when released, but actually absent of any laughs or interest for us while watching them -- boring wastes of time.

We also watched "Dr. No" which I couldn't remember ever having seen before. Bond had to start somewhere, but compared to where he progressed over time, this was a slowwwww dull start to the franchise. It had a few cool scenes but for me is very far down the list of classic Bond films.

11. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

'Beyond The Candelabra' last night (loved it - not quite as good as 'Che' but better than 'Kafka')

up next: 'Flirt'

12. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

The ABCs of Death - 26 directors from around the world each get a letter of the alphabet and come up with a word that starts with that letter, then make a short film about it. Sadly, it seems that nobody can make good horror anthologies anymore (Masters of Horror, Fear Itself...). Most are just gross (three revolving around toilets), perverse (the Japanese segments), or juvenile. Some nice imagery here and there, and the strength of the anthology is always that if you don't like the current segment, another will be along shortly (especially true here, as most segments are only a few minutes long), but I really didn't care for any of these. A sequel has been announced, which I'm interested in, mostly because they have another 26 shots at making something interesting.

13. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Not bad, bit of a mess.

14. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Che Part 1 is pretty darn good.

Che Part 2 is just pure torture. A man walks round the jungle/forest coughing all the time.

15. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

"Killing Them Softly." Skip it!

16. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The House on Haunted Hill. Never seen it before. Despite being immensely cheesy, it does deliver some nice cheap scares. And Vincent Price is so creepy you want to reach out and punch him.

17. Yup, very disappointing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.